It occured to me that one area where Japanese uses different words but English encompasses both nuances within one word is transitive/intransitive verbs: 他動詞・自動詞. For example in English we use 'stop' for the sentences 'I stopped the car' and 'the car stopped'. Japanese needs 止める for the first sense and 止まる for the second one.
It is true that English is probably the only language in both the Latin and Germanic group (as it is) not to use reflexive pronouns (myself, yourself, itself...) for intransitive verbs. As I have been you to them since I was a child, I didn't really encounter any problem in Japanese, except maybe to differentiate which is which. Oddly enough, I never thought of it as a problem in English. It seems perfectly clear to me. It's still a bit weird to say "I wash" (what do I wash ?) rather than "I wash myself", but in other cases it's fine.

I found a few more words with no nuances in Japanese (not only with English, shall I repeat it ?) :

Travel, trip, journey = 旅行 (ryokou)
Traveller, tourist (it is very different) = 旅行者
(little note here : this might not even be clear to all native speakers, but a traveller is not a tourist. A traveller doesn't just go to sightseeing spots or stay on the beach, but goes from place to place, country to country, even without touristical interest, to discover the world, other culture and how people live. They might settle for some time in a place then continue to travel. Usually travellers are much longer on the road than tourists. It's not just for holiday, but a kind of lifestyle).