Wa-pedia Home > Japan Forum & Europe Forum

View Poll Results: Do you believe in hell ?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, and I am scared of it

4 9.76%
  • Yes, but I don't fear it

9 21.95%
  • Not sure

4 9.76%
  • No

18 43.90%
  • Who the hell cares !

6 14.63%

Thread: Priest predicts hell for deceased

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    "If you are Catholic and a representative of your church says your father is going to hell, that's perhaps the most devastating thing someone can say to you."

i guess that about sums up my argument.

Hell? Really?

For me it is hard to believe that something you do in the relatively short existence you have should entitle you to a decision of suffering for all eternity. In response to the article I think the preist is a bit out of line. As a born protestant going to a catholic school, I have been told my beliefs that do not correspond with the catholic church will send me to hell. But oh well I realize that they are just fueling their ego that their religion is superior to all others, they cannot be blamed, because "forgive them, they know not what they do" fits well. People will say things, but if you just take what they say with a grain of salt, you can rise above it and maybe bring them up with you.
    "Be happy while you are living, for you are dead a long time."
    "Only a warrior can choose pacifism. All others are condemned to it."

Personally, I think the priest needs his *** kicking for being rude, arrogant and insensitive, but that a law suit is taking it too far, because after all, it is emotional 'damage' and it should be possible to deal with it on a private level.

IMHO it was an out of order thing to say regardless whether or not you believe in hell, God, religion, etc. etc. etc..... Basically it amounts to insulting somebody's recently-died relative in front of everyone and no matter what the priest thought about him, he should have kept his mouth shut.