Wa-pedia Home > Japan Forum & Europe Forum

Thread: What is your image of Japan ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kara_Nari
    After being in Korea for 5 months or so, I was so surprised at how clean Japan was, it is much more orderly also. I love that I didnt have to use the subway entrances to cross under the street.
    Everybody throws their garbage into the bins, also I was surprised at the politeness of people bowing (inside their cars) when you stopped to let them drive past. In Korea im just lucky if I dont get run over.
    I had the exact reverse surprise going to Seoul.

I was surprised about the ancient taxis also, would have thought there would be something a little bit more modern, but they are comfy, and the doors are cool.
    I was shocked too. The taxis in Thailand or Turkey are more modern than the Japanese ones (except for the automatic door, and some gadgets like GPS, but that's not the car itself).

I wasnt expecting as many hostess bars as there were, and that the handsome guys standing on the street were hosts, or doormen.
    Guess you are referring to Nakasu in Fukuoka, the equivalent of Ginza or Kabukicho in Tokyo (more like Kabukicho in fact).

Visit Japan for free with Wa-pedia
    See what's new on the forum ?
    Eupedia : Europe Guide & Genetics
    Maciamo & Eupedia on Twitter

"What is the use of living, if it be not to strive for noble causes and to make this muddled world a better place for those who will live in it after we are gone?", Winston Churchill.

Quote Originally Posted by Maciamo
    I had the exact reverse surprise going to Seoul.

I was shocked too. The taxis in Thailand or Turkey are more modern than the Japanese ones (except for the automatic door, and some gadgets like GPS, but that's not the car itself).

Guess you are referring to Nakasu in Fukuoka, the equivalent of Ginza or Kabukicho in Tokyo (more like Kabukicho in fact).
    Funny that, I was sick for a week after I got to Seoul, even coming back to Busan last week, I was coughing 2 hours after coming off the ferry.

Hahha when I first got to Bangkok, my impression of the taxis were that young 'cool' guys were driving them, because they looked similar to the ones that the 'cool' guys drove in NZ. Not your typical mainstream taxi. Bright orange, and groovy blue.

Yeah, I was staying close to Nakasu, great place, eye opening hahaha. Wouldnt want to be a prude wandering through there at night. It amazed me how DEAD it was during the day too!

Kara-Nari Smarty-Pants Wiz-Girl of the Southern Pacific Queen of Communication and International Arbitration and Diplomatic Solutions to Hairy Territorial Issues Her Majesty the Empress コクネ・ you quite rightly deserve the title for your individuality !