Quote Originally Posted by bossel
Outer appearance (esp. modern) is much too varied to conclude from this on what happened 2000 years ago. Concentrating on "nobility" won't do the trick either, because you don't know how much incest has been going on.
I don't how much lies in their family tree is in their nobles, but I clustered them in the regions of high ainu gene density and low ainu gene density.

Do you have any source for your idea that Ainu are proto-caucasoid?
To show that Ainu is proto-caucasoid, I cannot merely concern the population in east asia. We know the two types of proto-caucasoid features in tiny minority of native north american and native aborigine. By proto-caucasoid, there has to be one of the three conditions satisfied:

1) Ancestral to the modern caucasoid and mongoloid in central asia
2) Split from both population 30-50k years ago
3) Facial features common to other known proto-caucasoids (either north american or Australian Aborigine)

1) hard to prove by population genetics, as the extensive mutation and speciation makes it diverse even within the same proto-caucasoids cluster. Main problem is extreme environmental variation and the extinction and assiimilation of species so that we no longer have an ideal pure proto-caucasoid reference population. In the north sibelia and Australia, the temperature difference can be a factor. But if you like I can post the genentic connection of Ainu to native northern americans, although at the moment, my institution are not subscribed to that particular journal.

2) This is rather lengthy to show, and still disputed widely. Possibly, another one whole page of this thread. Should I do it? Bossel?

3) Minatogawa man found in Okinawa, Aomori, and Hokkaido was posted above. please refer back to my earlier posts. In principal component analysis, Jomon's morphology is the closest to Australian Aborigine. Ainu and Eskimo forms another cluster in comparison with other population, both are close to Minatogawa man skull, and there may be a possible connection.