Wa-pedia Home > Japan Forum & Europe Forum

Thread: What's the origin of the Japanese people ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollhattan View Post
    Maciamo,do you consider the English people are of German-Scandinavian origins or Anglo-Saxon-Jute & Viking origins ?
    That's the same thing. It's just terminology. Anyway, English people have more 'ancient Briton' blood that was traditionally acknowledged. There is an east to west gradient in the "germanicity" of the English. I have written on Eupedia about the Genetics of the British and Irish people.

Japanese certainly know who their ancestors were,mainly Jomon & Yayoi not proto-Mongoloid Siberians & Sino-Korean peoples as they often refer being " 50% “ꕶl " & " 50% –í¶l " amongst themselves.
    Yayoi = Sino-Korean
    Jomon = Paleolithic inhabitants of Japan, ultimately from Austronesia and Siberia.

The ratio isn't 50-50. It is more Jomon in Okinawa, Tohoku and Hokkaido, and more Yayoi elsewhere.

Visit Japan for free with Wa-pedia
    See what's new on the forum ?
    Eupedia : Europe Guide & Genetics
    Maciamo & Eupedia on Twitter

"What is the use of living, if it be not to strive for noble causes and to make this muddled world a better place for those who will live in it after we are gone?", Winston Churchill.

Swedish town of trolls Trollhattan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maciamo View Post

That's the same thing.It's just terminology.

Anyway, English people have more ' ancient Briton ' blood that was traditionally acknowledged. There is an east to west gradient in the "germanicity" of the English.

I don't agree in the case of Japanese,no historians could identify the actual ethnic tribes ( i.e. Anglo-Saxon-Jute settled in parts of present day UK & the Norse in later centuries ) known as Yamato & etc and very few modern Koreans & Chinese share ancestral roots to those left the Asia continent for Japan islands pre-13th century.

Exact scenario for the Japanese,we all thought their ancestors were the Koreans & Chinese but in fact have signifant ancient proto-Mongoloid indigenous genetic component.

Quote Originally Posted by Maciamo View Post

The ratio isn't 50-50.

They usually word it " half & half "

Quote Originally Posted by Trollhattan View Post
    I don't agree in the case of Japanese,no historians could identify the actual ethnic tribes ( i.e. Anglo-Saxon-Jute settled in parts of present day UK & the Norse in later centuries ) known as Yamato & etc and very few modern Koreans & Chinese share ancestral roots to those left the Asia continent for Japan islands pre-13th century.
    Exact scenario for the Japanese,we all thought their ancestors were the Koreans & Chinese but in fact have signifant ancient proto-Mongoloid indigenous genetic component.
    Did you read the updated article The Origins of the Japanese people ? I suppose that what you call "ancient proto-Mongoloid indigenous genetic component" equates to Y-haplogroup C and D and mt-haplogroups N9 and M7a ?