Yes soko means bottom of the ocean, box, other stuff like that. I knew that, that's why I mentioned it. But what's your point? You said that a list of words including bottom always became 'shita' in Japanese. This sense of the English word 'bottom' isn't translated by 'shita'. That's all I was saying.
I didn't mean that bottom always translated shita, but it's true in 99% of the cases. "soko" is scarcely used and has a very particular meaning/nuance that, I have to admit,doesn't exist in English.

Here are a few more words for which no nuance seems to exist in everyday Japanese. So, there might be words nobody used, but I haven't looked hard after all little used English translation either, otherwise a word like "miru" would have more than 10 English equivalents.

see/look/watch : miru
hear/listen : kiku
mouse/rat :nezumi
since/for/from : kara
former/before/in front of/across/ago :mae
shy/ashamed : hazukashii
finger/toe : yubi
leg/foot : ashi

I can't think of all of them in a single day, so if you give me some time, I shall find a rather impressive list of common words like these.

English probably has the largest core vocabulary of any languages because of the thousands of synonyms. For a same meaning, you might have 3 words, 1 from Germanic origin, 1 from French and the last from Latin. Ex :
- kingly, royal, regal
- ask, question, interrogate
With the time, each word has taken a particular use and nuance, so that you speak of Royal Navy, but regal manner.

Even without considering this, most of the examples I choose with the Japanese language are shocking for me because all other languages I know have distinct words for them. OK, it's weird Japanese don't have a word for leg and one for foot. If it was just that, I would go over it. There are just too many of them. No other language than English would have 3 nuanced translations for the examples above, but it's just English that is too rich. Japanese has a too poor vocabulary compared to the average (European languages). What bother me most is that so many Japanese believe their language is superior. During the bubble years, lots of books have been written in praise of Japanese language, culture and way of thinking. It's the (in)famous theory of the nihonjinron 日本人論. And too many Japanese people continue too feel superiors to foreigners, worst of all their Asian neighbours and Africans. Maybe that's why I'm writing this, as inside them (especially older generations) they are too arrogant and disdainful - though they'll rarely show it in public to avoid confrontation.