originally.... i think it was the whole idea of japan.... it was so far away, and completely diferent, and i hated the way things are over here (even at the age of 5)
so... to begin with... it was maily the culture and history. i've read books about the geisha which covers a lot of the backgroud history as to how they came to be... and i love the sound of it... yes... japan isn't perfect, but no country is. at least they were brought up on the biggotist point of view that homosexuality is wrong, and forced into christianity...
through my love for their culture, i got into their art and litrature, but my craving of cartoons spouted a huuuuuge obsession with anime, and later manga, which i now prefer a lot more to anime.
then... actually through chinese music, i got into jrock... which i adore. i love the divercity of their lyrics... and the emotion that's clearly but into their music... and it's not bland like stupid american skate punk *coughgreenday,blink182cough*
but i also got hevily into matial arts a good few years back, and i took up judo and karate... unfortunatly i moved and haven't been able to take them back up again, and instead took up kickboxing... *bleh*
now i can't do either cos of school and exams and stuff *weaps* but i'm gunna take up jujitsu soon ^.^