Wa-pedia Home > Japan Forum & Europe Forum

View Poll Results: What are your interests for Japan ?

Voters
846. You may not vote on this poll
  • Manga & Anime

487 57.57%
  • Video games

335 39.60%
  • Martial Arts

269 31.80%
  • Culture in general

602 71.16%
  • J-pop

330 39.01%
  • Japanese people (friendship or more)

596 70.45%
  • Japanese language

613 72.46%
  • Japanese food

477 56.38%
  • Traditional Japan (tea ceremony, geisha, kabuki, noh, ikebana, ...)

403 47.64%
  • Religion (shinto, buddhism, zen...)

196 23.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: What are your interests for Japan ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I started to like Japan first through video games, then when I got a bit older I became very interested in some Anime such as Dragonball Z but not all Anime.

Now I am very interested in the culture and way of life. Japan is very different from any other country in the world. It is a blend of western and traditional culture mixed into one country. I am still also very interested in video games that orignate from Japan and the martial arts they attain. The japanese sword is also trully a great sword.

The Bonsai

Hi Frineds

I new in the community, i like the Bonsais and all relationated with this.

www.bonsaiworld.org

pretty much i like everything about japan.

me, I like the language. The main fact that the accent is like spanish is a plus for me. Not only that but Japanese shares some, not all, grammar points with spanish. Kind of cool and has helped me with the 3 japanese classes I've taken in college. ^_^
    Santa Monica College Student

Hola!! New to this Forums, hope that in the future I'll make new friends here

well ive been absolutley obsessed with everything japanese since a school mate showed me pics and video of the holiday his family took to tokyo when i was 5. i love the culture, cinema both anime and live action movies the language and the mind blowing technology, hell i sleep on a futon in a room full of imported japanese movie posters the only thing i dont have is tatami mat flooring, its the closest ill get for a long while yet, my own little slice of japan here in the middle of nowhere, uk

The whole world is interested in its way. Every country has something to offer (at least a cup of good coffee ;)) and I'm not entirely devoted to Japan. The country where I live (look at the flag under my nick) is much different from any Asian country. I've always liked geography and my interest for many countries has enlarged since I was in elementary school. However, I've started to do aikido and I've seen Akira Kurosawa movies + some anime + Eiji Joshikawa's "Miyamoto Musashi" novel, which led me to learn more about this country. Of course, everybody knows about Japan's technological development and about some specifics such are: martial arts, cool cars, ww2 kamikaze, ikebana etc. Though I'm not yet fully aware of the way of life in Japan. That's why I came here and I'll keep searching for more information about Japan.
    Since I'm a student in a quite poor country (one of the poorest in Europe) I've begun searching for a foreign country where I could continue my work. Besides West Europe, Japan looks quite good and I've started to learn Japanese. It is very interesting so I've decided to try applying over there.

D

castle are big and cold. I dont like it

Everything about Japan fascinates me...!!!

...and I haven't even had the privelege to go to Japan yet..
    That is one of my dreams...to come to this rich old and new culture..and I would love to live there for a while..
    I like the calligraphy..have tried it and used it in my artwork..
    The old art in Japan is truly amazing..
    I could go on and on...

If I can't go there, then I am sure my hip hop artist son will travel to Japan.

Thank god for the www so we can "travel" around the world every day, and learn new things...

There are certain Japanese things that I like specifically: anime, console RPGs, Zen Buddhism, green tea. However, it also seems as though things I like in general (and that are available almost anywhere) are somehow a little bit better in Japan. For example: I like Japanese cars and motorcycles. Sure I can get them in Canada(and have), but why not go to the source? I like technology, petite women, and big cities. Maybe when I get to Japan my preconcieved notions will be broken. I don't know, but for now I enjoy being interested in Japan. It gives me something to do between essays.

Heimin
    You missed out 'Nothing in particular' in the voting choice.

I live & work here & that's it, Japan is just another place.

I am a Japanese-Canadian - 3rd Gen. I have grown up with Japanese sensibilities all my life. It was only when I became an adult that I began studying Japan - it's language, history and culture - more aggressively.

Anyway, this is my first post.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Maciamo
    Always good to know if we are here for the same reason or not... This is a multiple answer poll, so choose as many as you want.

My interest for Japan date back from my childhood with the anime on tv. I have done judo and karate when I was respectively 6 and 14-15 years old,. I have been a video game addict as a teenager. But all this was forgotten when I met my wife and I came to Japan.Now I am interested in the culure in general (history, language, religion/traditions...)., the people and the food.

I would like more than 10 categories for my poll. Thomas is it possible ?
    can i eat japaness?

A gamer in Auckland
    girls,cars,games,movies~~

I'm interested in Japanese (traditional) culture, linguistics and food (I love Japanese seafood!)

Heart What I like... everything! Nya!

... I really can't list ALL the things I like about Japan... I like everything really!!! But what I enjoy most is the music, the language, Anime and Mangas.
    Anime is what got me in. I remember watching Sailor Moon, like, everyday, when it was aired (sadly, it isn't anymore ) Luckly there are other good animes!
    And now my current obsession is Gackt ! He's is just so awesome...
    But enough rambling on my part. Truely, I must say there is very little (if anything) I dislike about Japan.

Fanfiction/writing site :Wingless-Dolly

Kendoka/Iaidoka SkippyDaStudent85's Avatar
    I'm interested in the culture, the rock music, the anime, the manga, the food... aw, forget it, I'm into everything Japanese!

I'd say that in addition to the girls, I just generally love chilling there. Whether it's at a club, a spot where ppl are breaking, or a restaraunt, it's just the spot to be.

rahul bhatnagar
    hello friends,
    i am doing research in predicting earthquakes specially in japan for last 6 yrs.i have now developed a method in which i can predict earthquakes in japan in 70% cases.
    I AM THE ONLY PRESON WHO PREDICTED NIIGATA EARTHQUKE IN JAPAN.I SENT EMAIL TO DIFFERENT SIESMOLOGIST OF JAPAN ON 8TH OCT THAT A STRONG EARTHQUAKE WILL OCCUR IN JAPAN ON 21 OR 25 OF OCT 2004 OF 6.0 TO 7.0 ON RICHTER SCALE IN HONSHU ISLAND WHICH OCCURED ON 23 OCT 2004 OF 6.8 ON RICHTER.
    but no one believed me.I HAVE PROOF OF THOSE EMAILS SENT TO SEISMOLOGIST IF ANYONE WANT THOSE EMAIL DO EMAIL ME ON [email protected]

MY NEXT PREDICTION ON JAPAN IS THERE WILL BE A STRONG EARTHQUKE IN JAPAN ON 20 OR 22 MAY 2005 IN
    SOUTH WESTERN JAPAN OR EAST OF HONSHU 6.0 to 7.0 ON RICHTER SCALE

basically i'm a big softy furan's Avatar
    originally.... i think it was the whole idea of japan.... it was so far away, and completely diferent, and i hated the way things are over here (even at the age of 5)
    so... to begin with... it was maily the culture and history. i've read books about the geisha which covers a lot of the backgroud history as to how they came to be... and i love the sound of it... yes... japan isn't perfect, but no country is. at least they were brought up on the biggotist point of view that homosexuality is wrong, and forced into christianity...
    through my love for their culture, i got into their art and litrature, but my craving of cartoons spouted a huuuuuge obsession with anime, and later manga, which i now prefer a lot more to anime.
    then... actually through chinese music, i got into jrock... which i adore. i love the divercity of their lyrics... and the emotion that's clearly but into their music... and it's not bland like stupid american skate punk *coughgreenday,blink182cough*
    but i also got hevily into matial arts a good few years back, and i took up judo and karate... unfortunatly i moved and haven't been able to take them back up again, and instead took up kickboxing... *bleh*
    now i can't do either cos of school and exams and stuff *weaps* but i'm gunna take up jujitsu soon ^.^

lol very original, put the admins in the lord's room ^^
    Kupo!

Heimin
    i dont love japan.but i find it very interesting.it started out with their animes and stories and their ideas all brought me to abandon western culture..

Motocross, cars/drifting (much better then the ones imported to the US), the food, living on an island, all rolled into one country appeals to me. I could care less about what race my mate is.....as long as she won't try to kill me, wont even think about cheating on me, isnt six years older than me, & cant be a body builder or have the body of one :enter twitching: (*_*) I'll be a happy camper.
    I don't see an other catagorey-_-;
    モトクロス

I'm a Buddhist.. but that really isn't a reason for liking Japan. (bleh, though I voted for it since it was there)

Teh thing about Japan is I love the history.. teh architecture.. teh girls..

I love Japan and everything Japan! Yah!

i love japan for the following reasons;

The hot japanese women!!!!

The Manga

The anime

The culture

The videogames

The language

....so i voted for anime and manga

I love Japan cause~~ anime, gundam model, video game, language,
    AND~~ yeap~~ Japanese hot girl~

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast