Wa-pedia Home > Japan Forum & Europe Forum

Thread: Movie: 'Infernal Affairs' / 'The Departed' (Hollywood remake)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I just watched The Departed the other day for the first time and although the acting was great, I was quite confused between the two characters portrayed by Matt Damon and Leon DeCaprio and got a little confused as to who was who in the beginning.

Yes, the ending was also a little confusing and rushed as, who killed Matt Damon in the end? Was it the hard nosed detective? I will have to watch it again to take it all in.

Internal Affairs I have not seen, but based on some of the reviews maybe I should.

BTW, Not trying to be a smartass here but, just out of curosity, what does this post/movies have to do with Chinese Culture and History? Were these movies based on original Chinese movies? If so please post the original titles as I'd be interested in viewing those also.
    Do What You Love And You'll Never Work Another Day In Your Life!

Infernal affairs trilogy are better than The Departed. Not to detract from The Departed, which itself was a fairly good film from a constistantly good director, but Internal affairs took the time over three films to tell the entire story. The Departed tries to do this in one film and loses the characters in the film as it is more hurried. At the end it seems contrived and makes you feel as if you havge missed something because of the contraction of the plot. They might have been better remaking it as a trilogy and there by keeping the interest in the characters, but is probably due to Hollywood trying to make a fast buck rather than risk a venture on three films that might fail.
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...
    Remember the Siruis Cybernetic Corportations motto: Share and Enjoy