Wa-pedia Home > Japan Forum & Europe Forum

Thread: Is this true?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    (Attention:It is a brutal photograph.)
    http://www.ogrish.com/archives/femal...v_30_2004.html

http://www.peacehall.com/news/gb/chi...12130343.shtml
    This news became a topic in a Japanese net, too.
    However, it is not broadcasted in the general mass media.

^No need to give a warning sign. I've seen many brutal photos around the net before. Those 2 links are nothing compared with the Nazis and the Japanese Imperial Army. One of the most brutal photos i saw was a Japanese soldier cutting off the head of an Australian POW with a Japanese sword. Actually, what the American soldiers were doing to the Abu Ghraib prisoners was quite brutal too.

However, this has nothing to do with the topic and so are your photos, so let's get back on the topic which is about Tibetians not executions, ok Hiro?

Quote Originally Posted by pharaoh21 View Post
    ^No need to give a warning sign. I've seen many brutal photos around the net before. Those 2 links are nothing compared with the Nazis and the Japanese Imperial Army. One of the most brutal photos i saw was a Japanese soldier cutting off the head of an Australian POW with a Japanese sword. Actually, what the American soldiers were doing to the Abu Ghraib prisoners was quite brutal too.
    However, this has nothing to do with the topic and so are your photos, so let's get back on the topic which is about Tibetians not executions, ok Hiro?
    Japan and Australia studied World War II jointly.
    http://ajrp.awm.gov.au/AJRP/AJRP2.ns...2?OpenDocument
    New Guinea of 1943,
    There is a document about execution of Sergeant Leonard G. Siffleet.
    Japan does not conceal it about an atrocity of the Japanese armed forces in World War II.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiroyuki Nagashima View Post
    Japan and Australia studied World War II jointly.
    http://ajrp.awm.gov.au/AJRP/AJRP2.ns...2?OpenDocument
    New Guinea of 1943,
    There is a document about execution of Sergeant Leonard G. Siffleet.
    Japan does not conceal it about an atrocity of the Japanese armed forces in World War II.
    I didn't say anything about Japan concealing atrocities. I was only expressing my view of what 'brutal' photos are supposed to be like and that's why I also mentioned the Nazis and the Americans. It seems to me that Japanese are extremely sensitive, as sensitive as all east Asians.
    So, Hiro, what does your links got to do with the topic of your very own thread (which yourself is hijacking)?
    Last edited by pharaoh21; Oct 30, 2006 at 16:38.

This is also the first time for me seeing a thread starter hijacking his own thread. This thread is really a joke itself.
    What are you saying? Some of us just genuinely expressed our concerns about the issue in the original post. Someone else started posting about WWII and comparing footage posted (fulfulling a request) with war atrocities.

Quote Originally Posted by leonmarino View Post
    What are you saying? Some of us just genuinely expressed our concerns about the issue in the original post. Someone else started posting about WWII and comparing footage posted (fulfulling a request) with war atrocities.
    I'm saying we should all be concerning about the Tibetians - those who got shot down by the PLA, not wasting our time on different subjects on Japan and WW2, or the Cultural Revolution, or the mass public executions since as you said before,there're already threads about WW2 etc.
    This thread is a joke because the thread starter is hijacking it with lots of links which are unrelated to the topic itself.
    By the way, according to the no. of members replying, it seems to me that there're only few who cares about it not some.

This thread is a joke because the thread starter is hijacking it with lots of links which are unrelated to the topic itself.
    You call it hijacking, some might call it misscommunication.
    By the way, according to the no. of members replying, it seems to me that there're only few who cares about it not some.
    That's sad indeed.

I'm saying we should all be concerning about the Tibetians - those who got shot down by the PLA, not wasting our time on different subjects on Japan and WW2, or the Cultural Revolution, or the mass public executions since as you said before,there're already threads about WW2 etc.
    You are the one who initially requested footage specifically on the mass execution I referred to seeing recently on television. Firstly, these practices are thoroughly documented so it is unclear what aspect was so unbelievable ; secondly it could be considered further 'hijacking,' although I wouldn't phrase it as a "waste of time" or completely unrelated which does come off as insensitive. Of course we should all be as interested and concerned about human rights abuses in Tibet as anywhere in China or the entire world for that matter.
    Last edited by Elizabeth; Oct 31, 2006 at 08:08.