Quote Originally Posted by kkkktttt
「典型的」と「普遍的」の違いがわかりますか?。
Do I know the difference between typical and universal? I don't know. You tell me. What are you trying to say? That racism is universal? That everyone is a racist at heart?

多くの国や社会に一般的に見られることを「一部の集団 の典型的な特徴」とはいいません。それは概念矛盾です 。。
Huh? So you're saying that despite all the observations given that demonstrate that Japanese "cute" racism is perpetuated by ignorance, feelings of superiority, or whatnot, if racism exists outside of Japan, we cannot say, "It is typical for the Japanese to have racist views"? I'd say that's an attempt to play down the issue at hand. If it's only an individual problem, then that would be much better than what's happening now.

日本には「四季」が� りますが、これを「日本に典型的 な特徴で� る」などといったらおかしいでしょ?
Yes, it would sound strange because not all of Japan has the 4 seasons; like, oh, I don't know, Okinawa for one?

もちろん、ごく少数の例外を挙げて典型性を否定しよう とするならば単なる� げ足取りの議論かもしれません。 しかし、アメリカや中国を観察の対象から除外するのは 適切ではないですね。
I thought that we are, in fact, talking about faults. I don't read or watch Chinese media but I can say that although the media in the United States may display ethnocentrism but it will, in no way, ever try to perpetuate racist views like they do in Japan (at least in respected publications).