Wa-pedia Home > Japan Forum & Europe Forum

Thread: Clean is beautiful - or is it ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Maciamo
    When going to Shanghai a few days ago, I was startled at the architectural contrast with Japan. Anything from skyscrapers to old houses or new residential towers were so much more beautiful than in Japan.

well most of the beautiful buildings were actually invested by foreigners but true they are beautiful. but anyway, i recommend those people who like sight-seeing to visit singapore.
    She is really a clean and beautiful country. on top of that, i wonder if anyone discovers that the colour in singapore exhibits (as in environment) seems too pretty, colourful (what am i talking), bright, hmmm dunno how to explain. compare with beijing, seoul, i think the latter countries are bit dull in colour like graphics sort

Quote Originally Posted by ryushin
    well most of the beautiful buildings were actually invested by foreigners but true they are beautiful. but anyway, i recommend those people who like sight-seeing to visit singapore.
    She is really a clean and beautiful country.
    Well, I went to Singapore before first going to Japan, and that is partly why I was so disappointed in Japanese architecture. I expected it to be at least as good as Singapore, but Japanese cities were closer to Bangkok or Jakarta - sometimes even worse.

Yet, I feel that Shanghai is more beautiful than Singapore (although not as clean). It's more "utsukushii" but less "kirei".

Visit Japan for free with Wa-pedia
    See what's new on the forum ?
    Eupedia : Europe Guide & Genetics
    Maciamo & Eupedia on Twitter

"What is the use of living, if it be not to strive for noble causes and to make this muddled world a better place for those who will live in it after we are gone?", Winston Churchill.