Don't worry Glenski. You can refer your friend here soon enough.

From the Aussie/Kiwi Chamber of Commerce Japan homepage:
Taking the Hassle Out Of the Tax Season in Japan
GaijinTax.Com

Japan’s Tax Season is fast approaching, which for many translates into nothing but confusion, uncertainty and unanswered questions. This is particularly true for foreigners who either sign yearly contracts or work for themselves.

However there is now a website to take some of this hassle and confusion away. GaijinTax.Com’s tagline says it all – “A Foreigner’s Guide to Tax in Japan”. The site is written in plain English and takes users step by step through the various sections in the forms which they need to fill in order to file a tax return in Japan. There are also unofficial English versions of the declaration and expense forms, making it easy for non-Japanese speakers to fill out and then transpose the details onto the official forms. Best of all, it’s FREE!

Hot on the heels of completing his MBA in Marketing, the site’s creator, Australian Emil Gorgees, is currently working on a project at Ernst & Young (EY) Japan with fellow Australians Dean Page, EY Tax Partner, and Paul Previtera, EY Senior International Tax Manager. Emil explains his motivation for creating the site: “I wanted to make it easier for foreigners to get things done in Japan. I had gone through the same struggles myself and found that the largest issue was the lack of simple, straight forward information in English.”

The site is still growing with information added daily. “Once this is done, I plan to launch my other project, GaijinMoney.Com, a free site dedicated to showing foreigners in Japan how to apply for credit cards, send money back home, evaluate banking services, and so on” Emil said.

Tax Returns need to be filed at your local tax office between Monday 16 February - Monday 16 March.