Quote Originally Posted by God
I am wondering if Japan has laws where people get lower taxes if they live together rather than getting married.
Yes, they do. The Japanese gov. encourages people getting married, so it's only natural.

I believe the law in illinois is that two people who are married get about 7000$ off taxes if single and living together and 6000$ if you are only married. You lose 1000$ by getting married.
Well, I don't think non married couples have any form of recognition and certainly no tax rebate in Japan.

Do you think that Japanese people are over hormonal that they actually can't live together because if they did they would have a child? This seems quite odd since they are only human.
Why should it be odd. Because they are only human, there are times when they cannot control themselves. What's more, pill has only been legalised in Japan a few years ago, and is far from widespread. Japanese often find it strange for married couples to use condoms, as they expect married couples to make children (strong social and familial pressure this way).

Seeing how women get fired because of getting married seems like total discrimination.
That's right. Read my article on the subject : Discrimination in Japan

Quote Originally Posted by Mahoneko
I think most Japanese parents would be relieved in many cases just to get grandchildren, even iof it was out of wedlock.
Not on the father's side, as they would not be recognized.