Wa-pedia Home > Japan Forum & Europe Forum

Thread: Japan is not an asylum country

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    That's funny because I saw a few women with a veil and headscarf in the streets around where I live and they look very much like people from Afghanisthan. The fact that they had 4 or 5 children with them make me think they are refugees. What else would they be doing in a residential area central Tokyo ? I have seen them several times, the first time was about 2 month ago.

Visit Japan for free with Wa-pedia
    See what's new on the forum ?
    Eupedia : Europe Guide & Genetics
    Maciamo & Eupedia on Twitter

"What is the use of living, if it be not to strive for noble causes and to make this muddled world a better place for those who will live in it after we are gone?", Winston Churchill.

Quote Originally Posted by Maciamo View Post
    That's funny because I saw a few women with a veil and headscarf in the streets around where I live and they look very much like people from Afghanisthan. The fact that they had 4 or 5 children with them make me think they are refugees. What else would they be doing in a residential area central Tokyo ? I have seen them several times, the first time was about 2 month ago.
    How remarkably racist of you - you think this despite having the hard facts that there are almost no refugees in Japan.

Yet I walk by a Turkish or Indian restaurant every few blocks in Tokyo (in many cases the Indian restaurants are run by Muslim Indians or Pakistanis: sometimes you see a place advertising "Indian-style" food)... what do you imagine their wives and children look like and where do you think they live?