Wa-pedia Home > Japan Forum & Europe Forum

Thread: The Unbiased Truth About Nova

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth View Post
    You may want to start a new thread to get more exposure for other types of positions. Many people have an allergy to reading anything NOVA-related.
    Man, I bet they were sorry to see you go. Five years at Nova ! Good Heavens ! What was your secret where so many others have failed ?
    And to think you could have had a career with them...
    The secret to lasting that long at NOVA is being flexible and being at good schools (find them and transfer ASAP!!). Most of the students were super cool so it out weighed the company politics and Bull_hit. Except for the last year at NOVA I got nice raises, but then they started to cutback and were being very anal about sick days etc. I think that's when they over expanded and were having money problems. I used NOVA, NOVA didn't use me is the way I thought about it. They helped me meet a lot of cool people, funded my drifting habit, and helped me pay off a lot of my debt. The only thing they got from me was someone that went to work and had a good time.

If/When I go back to Japan I probably wouldn't work for NOVA full time. If i HAD too, i would only work part time.

What a great article, Brooker! I think you are right on. My boyfriend is doing the program now and what you have described is right in line with what you described here. Thanks for a great article. I signed up for an account just to post my appreciation.

Quote Originally Posted by ET_Fukuoka View Post
    The secret to lasting that long at NOVA is
    being flexible and being at good schools (find them and transfer ASAP!!).
    You mean if your manager is a lying tyrant and the other instructors are total freaks who couldn't get a job anywhere else, that's a bad place ? lol

I used NOVA, NOVA didn't use me is the way I thought about it. They helped me meet a lot of cool people, funded my drifting habit, and helped me pay off a lot of my debt. The only thing they got from me was someone that went to work and had a good time.
    As long as you don't put this on your application and don't get any student complaints anyone could be there to set up their own business for all they probably care...lol

Sounds like you had a blast,ET_Fukuoka!!! I'm sure I would love the students too and I'm older than average but what better way to stay young than being in a cubicle with 20 somethings at NOVA all day !!!