Wa-pedia Home > Japan Forum & Europe Forum

Thread: promiscous youth and AIDS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    No wonder AIDS is a huge problem here when I first visited Japan in about '91 Japanese politicians were saying that Japanese can't get AIDS. How's that for total ignorance.

tsuyaku o tsukete kudasai nurizeko's Avatar
    Sad thing is it isnt the worse thing japanese leaders have told their people in ignorance.

The japanese are superior and the emperor is a god for one.

Heh, but yeah, AIDS is something to be tackled, hopefully the japanese will take it seriously.

Japanese Modernist Hyde_is_my_anti-drug's Avatar
    The sad thing is that a lot of teens just think condoms prevent pregnancy so girls think if they're on the pill then there's no reason to use a condom. Which is of course a big load of BS. And it's not as if guys are gonna tell 'em different.
    Most teens, actually most PEOPLE, don't realize how easy it is to get an STD and to spread them as well. Like in my friend's Health Class all they said about a condom was that it prevented pregnancy, not a word about STDs.
    It also doesn't help that teens by nature are not the most responsible of creatures on our planet. Therefor 'causing the 'sleep around' problem. I, frankly, don't see how or why they think sleeping around is a good idea. I know I couldn't do it. I can't even serial date. It just feels odd and unnatural to me. But I know a lot of young people do it and therefor STDs are spreading like wild fire. If you have an STD but don't sleep around and are smart enough to get testing and so know about it then a big part of this problem would go away. But again teens are not so great at using their brains for this kinda stuff it's all raging emotions. And also to get tested they'd have to tell their parents that they've not only been having sex but have good reason to think they might be sick (and NO teen wants to have that convo with dear mommy and daddy). That's ANOTHER problem! Most Hospitals and clinics won't even give you an STD test if you don't think you're sick. A lot of STDs don't have obvious signs and so people wouldn't even know. Also HIV and STD tests cost money and inserence won't cover it unless, again, you have reason to think you're sick. NO WONDER STDs are flying around all over the place. Most people who have them don't even know and so therefor won't go get tested because of the money issue or they're just stupid enough to think it couldn't happen to them.
    So you take ignorence put it together with carelessness and you get this mess. I have friends who know girls at their schools who aren't even SIXTEEN yet but have already had multiple abortions. That is not cool AT ALL. Teens need to be educated better and hopefully through knowing get smarter.
    You say "Haido fangirl" like it's a bad thing.