Doesn't seem to work for me. I've been having trouble sleeping lately and I always leave my fan on. I guess my mind is too busy thinking of stuff or something. That's how I do with my driving on the car but only because I'm short and can't see totally well over the seat head like I can with a mirror but if I'm parking out of a parking space I'll turn halfway backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by bakaKanadajin View Post
I slept with a fan on all summer, I couldn't survive without it. Good thing my girlfriend was American. I've read articles that say the 'white noise' of the fan is pleasant to the subconcious mind and helps you sleep beause it mimics the background noise of the womb. Maybe more Japanese would sleep better if they tried the fan hehe.
Also, thanks for explaining the bottles of water thing, I just DIDN'T understand it while I was there. I had assumed they were markers or something to help them park their cars because I often saw them in driveway entrances, and I notice the Japanese sometimes don't fully turn around in their seats the way Westerners drive when reversing, they use their mirrors and back up physically facing forward in the car.