Wa-pedia Home > Japan Forum & Europe Forum

Thread: 1,195,000 die in Japan !

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    another problem lies in value changes toward lifestyles among the young and
    less people want kids regardless of expenditures.

Quote Originally Posted by mujou View Post
    another problem lies in value changes toward lifestyles among the young and
    less people want kids regardless of expenditures.
    That's what I meant, most younger generations in the modern societies often think selfishly and fun orientated. Many don't want to be responsible for taking care of a family. Althugh it was seen as a modern trend, many criticizers consider this as a threat of human way of life. Maybe it is the counterpart of the Babyboom generation after WW2.

Quote Originally Posted by CBT1979 View Post
    That's what I meant,
    Oops

Quote Originally Posted by CBT1979 View Post
    Maybe it is the counterpart of the Babyboom generation after WW2.
    I wonder what factor can cause the Babyboom nowadays.

tsuyaku o tsukete kudasai nurizeko's Avatar
    We have to face facts.

Nearly all westernised developed nations have birth rate problems.

I hate to sound mean or anything because I'm not, and I wouldnt take it back for all the gold in China, but perhaps equal rights as we know it and a sustainable birthrate arent complimentary.

When women filled out their biological role as reproducers and carriers of the species, we never had a problem.

The only problme now is that the modern concept of freedom and equal rights means that women, and men, seem less interested/capable of having children.

Many people dont want children for their own comfort (i'm not innocent, I'm 21 and I have no interest in them for a while yet) and many of those that do find modern life and attitudes incompatible with the responsibilties and requirements for raising a family.

Its not just simply a case of maternity leave, if it was, Britain would be having a second baby-boom.

Its just society as a whole in general, it doesnt seem to lend itself to the family type of enviroment.

Work used to merely be a means to an end, and the family was the most important acheivement in life.

Now peoples work becomes their life and family is just an after-thought if considored at all, its not a big deal anymore if you have a family anymore, you can have a string of failed marriages and no kids and living single, and it wont dent your reputation and standing, if you have a high paying high respect job.

It could just be modern civilization is incompatible with the heavy needs of species propagation.

We arent like some species that lay eggs and forget, we have this cripplingly long detrimental "childhood", few species has to pamper their offspring for over a decade after birth.

I wouldnt take back progress, but we need to find a way to make having family more vital to people, more important.