Wa-pedia Home > Japan Forum & Europe Forum

View Poll Results: Is Japan partly responsible for the Chinese invasion of Tibet ?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, Japan's invasion and occupation of China was an obvious model for China' invasion of Tibet

6 17.14%
  • Japan may have had some influence on China's dealing with Tibet

4 11.43%
  • No, there is absolutely no connection

16 45.71%
  • I am shocked at the very assumption in the question !

9 25.71%

Thread: Is Japan partly responsible for the Chinese invasion of Tibet ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nurizeko View Post
    At this Rate Maciamo we could link tibet with the Norman invasion of England or any other invasion.
    I am listening what is your theory ? This surely takes more steps than Japan's invasion of China, repeated only 13 years later in Tibet by the same Chinese who had endured the Japanese invasion with the same official arguments for invading them. Have you ever seen the film Kundun (the life of the current Dalai-Lama until his exile to India after the Chinese invasion) ? It is while wacthing it that it dawned on me that the Chinese propaganda was too similar to the one that Imperial Japan used to occupy East Asia to be just a coincidence. For you need to have a good knowledge of WWII in East Asia, then watch Kundun, then tell me your opinion again.

Visit Japan for free with Wa-pedia
    See what's new on the forum ?
    Eupedia : Europe Guide & Genetics
    Maciamo & Eupedia on Twitter

"What is the use of living, if it be not to strive for noble causes and to make this muddled world a better place for those who will live in it after we are gone?", Winston Churchill.

tsuyaku o tsukete kudasai nurizeko's Avatar
    I dont have a theory, my point is you dont either.
    Mao might have remembered a Few Japanese tactics he remembered from the Japanese invasion (though how much tactics are required to crush and subjigate a sparesly populated peaceful nation when you have one of the largest armies on earth?) but Japan ultimately had no say or effect over Mao's urge to occupy Tibet and subjigate it.
    China has long considored Tibet part of China, even if for many lengths of time it was independent in reality.
    China would have invaded and occupied Mongolia if it wasnt a communist state strongly allied to the soviet union.
    The Japanese invasions gave the kinda chaos that no doubt helped mao in the long run for his bid to be leader of a communist China, but nah, they didnt cause any invasion of Tibet.
    WW2 changed the world if thats what you mean, but no, no direct or even real indirect imput by the Japanese.
    If we all thought like that we could blame Japan for the asian tsunami.
    Why?
    Because the word Tsunami is Japanese.
    Have you ever seen the film Kundun
    I try and make a habit of basing my knowledge of history and important things on reputable academic sources rather then "a good movie".
    However, for entertainment purpouses I will gladly watch the movie for you and get back to you with my criticisms and thoughts on the movie as a vehicle for entertainment and emotional/ethical lessons.
    I find Movies less fit for purpouse of education then more fit for conveying a message or lesson about emotion and morals.
    Interesting theory though, keep up the good work with new threads, someone has to post something worth discussing.
    Edit: It occured to me to possibly be a bit rude to leave the thread without myself providing a movie Wiki link aswell.
    I found I enjoyed this particular movie myself, its up to you to decide if you appriciate it.
    Wiki Link

Japan=>Mao=>Maoists in Europe=>The cold war ended=>RER/metro on strike=>Japanese tourists are at a loss=>Korean tourists demand reparation not from RER, but from Japan Railway company
    continued...

Quote Originally Posted by pipokun View Post
    Japan=>Mao=>Maoists in Europe=>The cold war ended=>RER/metro on strike=>Japanese tourists are at a loss=>Korean tourists demand reparation not from RER, but from Japan Railway company
    continued...
    Maoists in Europe ? Who ?

What is the connection between the end of the cold war and RER strikes ?

Quote Originally Posted by Maciamo View Post
    Maoists in Europe ? Who ?
    What is the connection between the end of the cold war and RER strikes ?
    The first story is that it blows.
    *snip*
    And in the end, Okeya, a cooper, makes money.

I don't know which is more reasonable, wind-cooper story or your Japan-Maoism, though there still remains ideological dinosaurs here.