Quote Originally Posted by Mikawa Ossan
I'm curious as to why you were called such things so much. In my years in Japan, I have never had such problems with people calling me names.
I second that because with all the years I lived and worked in Japan I never overheard some of the things you heard or some of the things you experienced except for maybe once or twice. Especially from your own mates in your own company and within earshot or directly at you. Why did you not defend yourself when you were called lazy and accused of not working as hard as your mates? I don't know you, but were they speaking the truth to be so forward?

But, as was said above by Slippery Frog, things like that happen in every nation and city on the planet. Do not the people of your own country sometimes talk that way about foreigners from a particular country or about their own people from the countryside or the ghettos and such? I'm sure they do and please don't tell me they don't.

I don't care who you are or where you live, there will always be sterotypes spoken about people who are different and "alien" to one's culture. To paint just Japan with one long stroke in that the Japanese are ALL that way is quite unfair and, in its own way, a little discriminatory in itself don't you think?