It's true that many Chinese youth know little about geography beyond China nowadays, I should be sad for u to have met some even worse guy who

mistook Britain as a part of the USA, hehe, coz for us, you all speak English, and many of Americans original from Britain, so I guess that's why the

Chinese guy made the mistake. In contrary, how much you guys know China's geography? probably aslo quite weak.

It's also true that break the word Wisconsin down into chinese soundin syllabuls & no one will really question, but if you really want yourself

to be understood and speak beautiful Chinese, try to remember ˆÐŽzN¯B(wei si kang xing zhou, all with pitch 1) is the correct Chinese words for

Wisconsin.

It's also hard to believe for us if china basing our system on the japanese one after the war. If it's true I won't blame, coz Han Zhi(kanji) is the culture

treasure for both of our 2 countries, we don't have to make our Han Zhi different bcoz we had difficult times. As long as it's for the good of our great

Han Zhi, we better seek common points while reserving difference. Not like Korea, having been using Chinese words for thousands of years, suddenly forbids any use of Han Zhi anymore, I don't know how do they show respect to their ancestors.

Quote Originally Posted by sengokou
Ahh I miss being foul mouthed & chinese, only been in japan 3 months & already Im not sure I can ever fully trust a nation of people whose profane vocabulary extends to "your mother has a sticky out belly button!"
by the way I think wisconsin should be something like 为ŽnmV (Bj dont worry about itB break it down into chinese soundin syllabuls & no one will really question you, say it loud & like if they dont understand then they must have the gap in their geography rather than its your bad pronunciation & theyll just accept it as right. Taiwan might be a little different but the people might not even know where wisconsin is in the states anyway. I once had a conversation with a guy in —Œ阳 about my nationality. Went like this,
你¥哪˜¢‘‰Æ“IH
‰ä? ‰p‘l
ˆ¢C ”ü‘lC 这样Žq
•s¥C‰ä¥‰p‘l
”ü‘r麽’n•û?.........
lasted a good few minutes that one 2!
ps Stop moanin about the jian ti zi. LEA‚q‚m SOME PROPER CHINESEI its a better system anyway, just takes longer to write.
tangent : anyone know when japan started using jian ti han zi? coz I cant imagine china basing their system on the japanese one after the war.