Quote Originally Posted by Maciamo
This article is an excellent summary of the present Sino-American relations.
The Economist : Looking for common ground
A few questions for discussions :
1) Is the US trying to encircle China militarily ?
2) Does the USA see China as a real threat, or is it just being careful ?
3) Would the PRC ever invade Taiwan, eventhough it may lead to a war with the US, and possibly also Japan ?
4) Is it a good thing for the US to manufacture its own products in China ? It certainly helps corporations make bigger profits, but also creates unemployment in the US.
1. not sure, the general public don't know and can't know what they are planning in pentagon. but u can't call it a circle withou russia. so relax, and don't worry about it.

2. potential threat to what is unclear?
threat to US security? maybe not..
threat to world dominance? maybe, GOP Amercians do like to be the dicatator of world (no UN), at least the US militray do want to be the one and only one supreme force on the planet.
threat to regional stablilty? depends, if taiwan factor counts, maybe yes, but expecting china to invade other nations(not include ROC) is very unlikely.

3. depends on the number of idiots on both side, but as long as they can sit down and talk, there won't be any invasion, people in PRC didn't want to see bloodshed either.. so do rest of the world.

4. globlization is a good one, however, the welfare of the third nations should be our concern in the near future instead of the unemployment rate of US. and it will help global security too..

Quote Originally Posted by Wang
[I]
3) Would the PRC ever invade Taiwan, eventhough it may lead to a war with the US, and possibly also Japan ?
I'm afraid yes. I hope all the people in Taiwan can decide their future eventually on their own.
it all depend on you, my friend. the number of you and your anti-ROC friends will be a key factor to determine how many idiots and how much is their influence in PLA. it's called Yin-Yang
sit down and have some talk will be a much better choice I believe you still have a ROC passport/ID right?