Quote Originally Posted by Tim33
The Japanese flag was not like that however and therefore i really dont see why they should get rid of it.
In what sense is it different ? It was brought in by people like Yamagata Aritomo and his cronies who created Japan's modern Army and Navy, and set Japan on its way to the nationalistic military dictarure it was from the 1930's to 1945. It is extremely similar to the rise of Nazi Germany if you ask me as a history buff.

Chinese girl gets raped(lets talk about war), Japanese have a flag(let talk about war), A can of coke costs 69p in londis(lets talk about war).
I have nothing to do and did not participate in the thread about the raped Chinese girl. I suppose that you know the flag we are discussing is not Japan's national flag.

I think people really need to move on and think about what really matters. Millions die daily of disease/hunger/poverty. why not spend our time worrying about the state of the world today and what we can do about that.
Feel free to post about that in the (non-Japan-related) "Serious Discussions" section. However this forum is about Japan. I have posted about other issues on other forums before. Don't ever assume that I have not had this kind of critical discussions about other countries in the world (just have a look at our "American issues" sub-section).

If people spent half the time trying to improve there lives now rather then complain about things that really are not important on the whole the world would be alot better off.
Well, personally I don't really have to. I would be bored and depressed without a place to discuss about Japan and other topics like here.

If people just shut up complaining for a minuite and decided to work together we would be so much better off.
How can you decide to work together while shutting up if people don't understand each others ? There need to be a place where people can learn more about each other's culture, history, way of thinking or whatever. People come to Japan Reference to understand better Japan (or for Japanese to understand how other people see them and how they could improve). I hope I can do the same for other countries later.