Wa-pedia Home > Japan Forum & Europe Forum

View Poll Results: Multiple poll (min. 5 answers, choose any that apply) - Please read carefully !

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1.1 Housing : I have been refused accommodation because I was a foreigner

25 40.32%
  • 1.2 Housing : My company provides my accommodation (so no problem)

9 14.52%
  • 1.3 Housing : I have only stayed at gaijin houses, hotels or friends' houses

9 14.52%
  • 1.4 Housing : I have lived in Japan for many years, rented my housing via a estate agent, and never had any problem

4 6.45%
  • 1.5 Housing : I have only stayed in Japan for two years or less, rented my housing via a estate agent, but never had any problem

9 14.52%
  • 2.1 Tourism : I have been refused entry to a hotel, guesthouse or weekly mansion because I was a foreigner

6 9.68%
  • 2.2 Tourism : I have stayed a few times in hotels, guesthouses and/or weekly mansions and have never been refused entry

19 30.65%
  • 2.3 Tourism : I have stayed numerous times in hotels, guesthouses and/or weekly mansions and have never been refused entry

25 40.32%
  • 3.1 Entertainment : I have been refused entry to at least one restaurant, bar, nightclub, onsen or public bath because I was a foreigner

16 25.81%
  • 3.2 Entertainment : I have been a few times to restaurants, bars, nightclubs, onsen or public baths, and was never refused entry

15 24.19%
  • 3.3 Entertainment : I have been a hundreds of times to restaurants, bars, nightclubs, onsen or public baths, and was never refused entry

22 35.48%
  • 4.1 Police : I have been stopped and asked for an ID (passport/alien registration) by the police for no reason

12 19.35%
  • 4.2 Police : I have been stopped while riding a bicycle and had my bike registration checked during day time for no reason

3 4.84%
  • 4.3 Police : I have been stopped while riding a bicycle and had my bike registration checked during night time for no reason

4 6.45%
  • 4.4 Police : I have been mistakenly arrested (taken to the police station)

1 1.61%
  • 4.5 Police : I have had other discriminatory problems with the police

4 6.45%
  • 4.6 Police : I have stayed for many years in Japan and have never been checked or annoyed by the police in Japan

15 24.19%
  • 4.7 Police : I have stayed less than 2 years in Japan and have never been checked or annoyed by the police in Japan

24 38.71%
  • 5.1 Sexual Discrimination : I have experienced sexual harassment in Japan

7 11.29%
  • 5.2 Sexual Discrimination : I have experienced sexual discrimination regarding promotion, salary or opportunity

4 6.45%
  • 5.3 Sexual Discrimination : I am not a woman or have never worked in a Japanese company

39 62.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Have you encountered discrimination or prejudices in Japan ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    In imagination land Chidoriashi's Avatar
    [QUOTE=Reyter;644528]
    I would certainly believe her over some of these "people" posting here who are really desperate to prevent foreigners knowing their rights. I mean Chidoriaishi is clearly a fascist. You can see he justifying police harrassment of Debito becasue he is a naturlized Japanese citizen with white-skin rather than a native Japanese person. While poor "frustrated Dave" is not the brightest person in the world, to say the least. Who would you believe? Its really beside the point anyway.
    Reyter your ability to not comprehend why people wrote the things they wrote, or why we are debating with you is unprecedented. Why would I be out to keep foreigners from knowing their rights? I have blond hair and blue eyes, and that's about as "foreign looking" as one gets here. What I am doing is preventing you from posting misinformation, and misleading other foreigners into thinking it is in all "our" best interest to cause a big hassle for the police who, according to what is written in Japanese law, are just doing their job. Unfortunately, you are incapable of a logical debate because you do not possess the proper Japanese skills to come up with your own interpretation of the law. So you trust what Debito says, simply because it is what you want to hear. Tell me Retyer, where does Debito say specifically that as a foreigner you have the right to refuse to show your ID to the police? It does not say it directly in English and it does not even mention it in Japanese.

What I said I about Debito, I said because you were trying to mislead other readers into thinking that a Japanese born citizen is the one supporting your case (actually he is not supporting your case, though he is very misleading, and I'm sorry you are too blind with hatred to see it). I fully agree that as citizen of this country Debito has the right to fair and equal treatment like other Japanese. And I am so sorry that HE is racially profiled, but what the hell else can he do? He is a grave minority in this country, and logically, he should expect this.

If they still want to go on with it...... trouble!
    Yeah, for you my friend.

Then after all is said and done i will lodge a complaint and if nothing happens with that, see a lawyer.
    Why? The law is not on your side. You cannot even read and yet you are going to depend on it.... truly brilliant buddy.

i will pack my bags, and take my girlfriend with me home.
    Would you please? You would really be doing all of us other foreigners a favor.

Thats right because I wasnt sure about the law. Now that I am, I will follow the steps outlined above.
    You are sure about something you cannot even read. (Shakes head disbelief of the idiocy) Hmmmm... I'm pretty sure Egyptian hieroglyphics say that I am HE-MAN master of the universe. (Sense the sarcasm)
    Last edited by Chidoriashi; Sep 23, 2009 at 21:39.