Wa-pedia Home > Japan Forum & Europe Forum

Thread: PG-rated : 40 reasons to think that the Japanese are superficial

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Maciamo View Post
    The French and Belgian are also very interested in good food, but it isn't the main topic of conversation, even at the restaurant !
    What is the West for you ? North America and Scandinavia ? Have you been to a country called France and another called Italy ? Hint : that's in Europe, a bit more south than Danmark.
    Btw, food in Japan is much cheaper than in Europe. You can have bento, a tendon or Chinese food for 3 or 4 euro, and a set of 12 sushi for take-away cost only about 5 euro.
    No it only proves your ignorance about Western cuisine.
    I do appreciate that many countries in the west have very nice cuisines. I have been dining in most european and north american countries and because I try to avoid junk food I have had many nice experiences. My point is that even though the consumers there easily could choose nice food they often eat very low quality food.

I do not have low regard for western cuisine rather I find that the consumers in general could learn something from the more choosy japanese.

Though you like to call me (and anyone else who have slightly different points of view from you) ignorant, I do not have any problems praising belgian cuisine - actually one of my favorite restaurants is Chez Leon in Bruxelles (they serve nice oysters and mussels!). May I say: Oishi - without beeing blamed for beeing superficial?
    Last edited by Han Chan; Dec 6, 2006 at 23:28.