Wa-pedia Home > Japan Forum & Europe Forum

Thread: Japan's interesting new Prime Minister

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Japanese politicians = Lots of hot air and no brain. Sorry about sarcasm. I find none of them inspiring. Is he that good in communicating in English? Most of the Japanese politicians' English is too stilted to be useful in high level dialogue with the world leaders (or any leaders in the world for that matter).

You SPAM/We BAN !

Unfair ?

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyBoy View Post
    Japanese politicians = Lots of hot air and no brain. Sorry about sarcasm. I find none of them inspiring. Is he that good in communicating in English? Most of the Japanese politicians' English is too stilted to be useful in high level dialogue with the world leaders (or any leaders in the world for that matter).
    I have seen very few politicians of any country, not just Japan, that impress me as having good human qualities.

Uncle Frank

TAKE WHAT I SAY WITH A GRAIN OF SUGAR !!
    I USED TO BE FUNNY, BUT MY WIFE HAD ME NEUTERED!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Frank View Post
    I have seen very few politicians of any country, not just Japan, that impress me as having good human qualities.
    Uncle Frank
    But, you gotta admit Aso is a very low grade PM (among many low grade PMs of late in Japan). I don't follow Japanese politics at all except for some news articles in English. I just hope all of LDP (the current incumbents in the lower house) to loose their seats forever in the next election (I also want the commie party to loose their seats as well in the one fell swoop).
    I have never cast a vote in Japan (sorry). So, I am not an active concerned citizen of Japan as I am in the process of going overseas for the very long haul again-this time for a semi permanent basis).
    (but, I think it would be hard to go below the level of George W. Bush's competence. On the good note: he gave a slight hope that a person with a poor command of English and reduced mental capacity can hold a highest public office in USA)
    Last edited by JerseyBoy; Nov 24, 2008 at 17:00.