Wa-pedia Home > Japan Forum & Europe Forum

View Poll Results: What's your blood group and ethnic group ?

Voters
368. You may not vote on this poll
  • A and Caucasian (=white, European-type)

59 16.03%
  • AB and Caucasian

17 4.62%
  • B and Caucasian

21 5.71%
  • O and Caucasian

82 22.28%
  • A and Mongoloid (= East Asian or native American type)

19 5.16%
  • AB and Mongoloid

6 1.63%
  • B and Mongoloid

10 2.72%
  • O and Mongoloid

27 7.34%
  • A and Negroid (= black, African type)

2 0.54%
  • AB and Negroid

1 0.27%
  • B and Negroid

2 0.54%
  • O and Negroid

6 1.63%
  • A other ethnic type (Semitic, Indian, mixed ethnies, etc.)

9 2.45%
  • AB other ethnic type

5 1.36%
  • B other ethnic type

5 1.36%
  • O other ethnic type

26 7.07%
  • Don't know

71 19.29%
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your blood group ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Originally posted by Kaji
    It's not for medical reasons that they want to know. It's because, as stated in the first post, it is said to determine one's personality. From what I recall, A's are supposed to be the kind that are overly stressed out from being perfectionistic and driven, B's are supposed to be intellectual (I think, it's been a while), and O's can probably best be described by citing Eikichi Onizuka from GTO as an example.
    That looks pretty close, actually. Here's a link that explains all. I don't know what type I am in reality (should be on a birth certificate?), but if there is anything to this at all it should come out B.....

http://allsands.com/Health/bloodpersonali_bhy_gn.htm

Let's see if i my hours of watching Discovery Channel are of any use here...

The term Mongloid comes from the fact that the oldest Asian-like skull that's ever found, was found in Mongolia. So it's considered that all Asian races originate from the Mongolian area.

At least i think it went like that... Could be wrong though.

I live in Cincinnati, Ohio USA..My mother is from Hokkaido Japan and my father is from here in the States
    Well I guess my blood is a bit confused ... I am AB+ and Mongoloid as my mother is full blooded Japanese

Yeah, its weird! my Japanese friend Ako was like "your O type!" and told me loads of things about it, i was like ok, thats 'omoshiroi, ne!'
    Good to have an explanation!
    but speaking of blood type, in the UK Im a nice person I donate blood to hospitals, maybe once every few months, but now they wont stop sending me letters and bothering me on the phone! They're vampires!

Quote Originally Posted by alexi32
    Yeah, its weird! my Japanese friend Ako was like "your O type!" and told me loads of things about it, i was like ok, thats 'omoshiroi, ne!'
    Good to have an explanation!
    but speaking of blood type, in the UK Im a nice person I donate blood to hospitals, maybe once every few months, but now they wont stop sending me letters and bothering me on the phone! They're vampires!
    Lol! That's pretty ironic. I live in the US and my dad used to be in the army. He used to always give blood and stuff and now they won't leave him alone either. We've always called them vampires too! lol.

A+ and Caucasian
    This is the result of one to many hits to the brain cavity with a suicidal brick wall.....

Originally posted by Gaki
    But the thing is ~ that i would never consider myself as coming from the Mongolian bloodline ~

I dont really like the terms used in any kind of ethnic group chart

In UK i'm considered as Oriental
    In the rest of the world i would probably be Asian
    And apparently now i'm Mongol O_o
    Mongolian is not the same as Mongoloid. Mongoloid people include the much larger group of all Eastern Asian (Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Thai, Vietnamese, Laotian, Cambodian, Burmese, Malay, Indonesian, Filipino, etc.) and Amerindian (=native Americans) + some central Asians.

Caucasian include European (and descendents) + Iranians, Armenians, etc. Technically, it should also include some fairer Indians/Pakistani/Bangladeshi, who are from Caucasian (Aryan) origin as well. But as most are mixed with the original dark-skinned Dravidan inhabitants (+ other ethnies), it's now difficult to say what ethny Indian are. I guess Semitic (Arabic, Jewish) people are also considered as Caucasian, but not sure.

Negroid isn't racist. It's the scientific term for the African ethnic type, and comes from the Latin for "black".

For everybody, don't forget that if you have mixed origin among these 3 groups, your are in "other". Half Japanese, half European for instance.

Visit Japan for free with Wa-pedia
    See what's new on the forum ?
    Eupedia : Europe Guide & Genetics
    Maciamo & Eupedia on Twitter

"What is the use of living, if it be not to strive for noble causes and to make this muddled world a better place for those who will live in it after we are gone?", Winston Churchill.

gokarosama
    Quote Originally Posted by Maciamo
    Negroid isn't racist. It's the scientific term for the African ethnic type, and comes from the Latin for "black".

For everybody, don't forget that if you have mixed origin among these 3 groups, your are in "other". Half Japanese, half European for instance.
    I beg to differ on both points. The term "negroid," while not racist to some (anymore than, say, "cracker" might be racist to a Japanese who knew little about the term) might well give offense to others. You can argue it derives from the Spanish "negro" or Latin "nigrum," but then arguably so did another word which we might agree is very much racist. The fact remains the word "negroid" is not in current scientific use.

The term "Mongoloid" in particular has taken on connotations of describing a child with Down's syndrome (offensively) and should be used with care, as should all of these terms used to describe the very-much debated concept of "race." The scientific reasons for these debates are numerous and well-documented. As society and our understanding of humans have developed, the term "race" has come to be a much more sociological than scientific term.

As in so many other areas, the terms we(you) use to classify others end up reflecting ourselves (yourself) .

Certainly in Japan the term "haafu" is in common use, but I find it pejorative--you may say this is PC of me but I can't imagine a child branded as "half" anything could find much encouragement in the term. If we insist on labeling one another, I, along with many others, prefer the term "double," or, even better, just "person."

It's bad enough that as a kid I had to fill in the little boxes on the standardized tests: Caucasion? Negroid? Other?

Must we play that game here, too?

A- by the way.

I live in Cincinnati, Ohio USA..My mother is from Hokkaido Japan and my father is from here in the States
    <----- all mixed up see cant even type what I am thinking :P

O+

O+ Asian. But I've been told I may be related to the Monarch during the Qing Dynasty; I may have royal blood.

A and caucasian

The first time a Japanese person asked me what my blood type was I had no idea what he was on about because I didn't know about the blood type superstition and I thought it was a really strange question.

It's like, "Excuse me, what color are the insides of your shoes?"
    For information on the pros and cons of teaching at Nova English schools in Japan, check out

A and earthling

what about west indies people?
    I have african blood, indian blood, native american blood and caucasian blood...

O other ethnic type
    gNX

I'm not positive about my blood type, but I think I'm A+
    The beauty of my rain, death isn't sleeping!

Avatar made by taxader-me especally for me

Kunoichi of Winter Yoko_Kisaragi's Avatar
    My mum told me I have O blood, but I'm not sure if it is positive or negative.

Banned
    Bloodtype A and Caucasoid.

AB mix of Caucasian and Mongoloid.

Little Gothy Crazyface joaniedark's Avatar
    O+, Caucasian

"Type O's are outgoing, and very social. They are initiators, although they don't always finish what they start. Creative and popular, they love to be the center of attention and appear very self confident."

Sounds right to me! I write a lot, and take bloodtypes into special consideration when developing characters. ^^

B + and mongoloidism.

UK, Manchester / Finland, Lahti / Japan, Minokamo
    O+

I wish I could donate blood,I would do it, but I cant- they wont let me because Im too thin

This is interesting though. My pen pal from Sapporo just asked my blood type in a letter, it was quite surprising...but now I know the reason ;)
    Thank you Elisabeth for the link about the personality types. Totally new thing for me,and interesting.

Rofl! I have been asked this question in excess of 10 times so far in Japan. I just answer with "I don't know" and get the immediate response of either a hideous laugh or " eh why ?"
    I suppose I just can't see the importance of knowing.

Where I'm Supposed to Be kirei_na_me's Avatar
    I just found a link that tells what kind of characteristics supposedly go with each blood type. Just thought I would add it here.

http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Towers/2172/blood.htm
    i carry your heart with me(i carry it in my heart)

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast