Wa-pedia Home > Japan Forum & Europe Forum

Thread: Bad Japanese manners / Where are the polite Japanese ?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Maciamo
    As a result, you may find that other Westerners behave the same way or even worse than Japanese, but these are things I don't like and don't do.
    In my opinion the above is very optimistic, what Maciamo describe as “ill-mannered” are behaviors that cannot be associated with the average Japanese person, since this behaviors are found in every corner of this planet.
    i.e.
    1. Being loud: ever been to a Latin country ?
    2. People carrying an umbrella: ever been to London ? “street behavior”, no comment is just plain funny.
    3. Pushing people to get in or out of the train: i wish i could do that in London, the tube is half empty and people just don't move from the front of the door.
    4. Slurping: you got me i don't know where else this is found, apart from very elderly people in need of a new set of teeth.
    5. Touts and sales people: so Japanese sales people are quite tenacious, this, i think has more to do with the average (successful) selling person in the world rather than the average Japanese person.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddha Smoker
    I agree the Always & Never words are not possible in just about any society.
    I don't agree, the Always & Never words are not possible in just about any thing.
    Last edited by scieck; Mar 4, 2006 at 00:52.
    アンドレア