Wa-pedia Home > Japan Forum & Europe Forum

View Poll Results: what programs do you like on Japanese TV (choose all applicable)

Voters
117. You may not vote on this poll
  • News

27 23.08%
  • Dramas

41 35.04%
  • Jidai-geki (Japanese historical movies)

19 16.24%
  • Modern Japanese movies

32 27.35%
  • Western movies

12 10.26%
  • Variety

32 27.35%
  • Celebrity quizzes

28 23.93%
  • Travel

24 20.51%
  • Restaurant & food reviews

25 21.37%
  • Cooking classes

18 15.38%
  • Money-related programs checking how much people earn and spend (Bari-bari value, etc.)

4 3.42%
  • Anime

50 42.74%
  • Documentaries (history...)

25 21.37%
  • Commercials !

36 30.77%
  • Sumo

22 18.80%
  • Other sports

19 16.24%
  • Other (specify)

11 9.40%
  • I have never watched Japanese TV

16 13.68%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What programmes do you like on Japanese TV ?

Generally, I don't watch TV here or in Canada.

Once in a while, I'll watch CDTV and Rankin Q late on Staurday night, sometimes the Period Drama on Sunday night is more historical, and less about drama. I enjoy some of those. Modern Japanese movies can be heartwarming, and the News when I can listen to it in English is usually good.

Some of the commercials are great. Although, there are also quite few annoying-tune commercial, or commercials with some guy dressed up as a stuffed egg or vegetable that are just dumb.

The only sport I actually watch are the K-1 events, and Pride when they show the best fights. I forgot, I also watch a program featuring athletes competing in a variety of events. That includes speed push-ups, trying to touch a ball before it hits the ground, a race for flags, and tug-a-wars.
    "The whole purpose of religion is to facilitate love and compassion, patience, tolerance, humility, forgiveness."
    --H.H. the Dalai Lama

Heimin
    I enjoy music-/variety-shows like Utaban, Hey3x and such.

a non member
    Good to see this thread back

I love watching Lincoln with the guys from Downtown and Yamaguchi (gussan.. check my avatar).

I also like to watch Ainori (yes, I know it's for girls ;))

As I have never had the chance to see some real japanese tv, I have to base myself on some programs that I watched over the internet..

Ive watched 2 doramas so far, and it may be coincidence but I think they are both awesome. Theres also a show called Gaki No Tsukai from which I have seen a lot of clips on the internet. The concept is so simple but creates hillarious effects (some guys have to watch hillarious things and if they lauph they are punished by some guys hitting them with a stick on their butt lol). Anyway I guess most of you know it, and it is probably already mentionned here !

I chose "other" because I didn't see comedy. I love Japanese comedy!

aichiteru, Thursday 11:55, TBS, all thouse weird gaijin woman

a non member
    Quote Originally Posted by bd1215 View Post
    aichiteru, Thursday 11:55, TBS, all thouse weird gaijin woman
    I always watch this program as well, and have to agree that most of the women are indeed a little bit weird. Did you notice that the women speaks more than their Japanese husbands (except for the last time, because her Japanese wasn't that good yet).

I can say that the latest Japanese movie I have watched was 男たちの大和 (Otoko Tachi No Yamoto)

If you haven't seen it, it's worth seeing. It's about the lives of 3-6 guys that joined the IJN, willst the story told through one of the survivors heading out to where the Battleship Yamato had it's last days.

Last edited by -Rudel-; Feb 24, 2007 at 05:38. Reason: put in romaji
    I Listened Too:

I have to say I don't really watch Japanese TV. Though similar as to what a previous poster said, they tend to tune in for K1 and similar for TV viewing.

Would I be the odd one if I dare mention that Japanese TV is not all that interesting or deep? Perhaps the lack of depth in TV shows comes from my underwhelming Japanese ability though :s

Non-Member
    Actually, I find the exact same can be said of American programming!

I never seen what the US has to offer TV wise, is it that bad? ;)

Non-Member
    Granted I have not watched American TV with any regularity for several years, but it seemed pretty vacuous to me at the time. It especially seems that way now after not being into any of the shows anymore.

Sitcoms are basically the same. Sometimes there's a particularly funny one, but they never go anywhere. The point of the story is basically to end up back in the beginning.

The news is horrible, especially the local news, where they spend something like a third of the show just to explain the weather?!?!

Reality TV shows. I have never seen them (they're just a little after my time), but they seem to all be based on the same premise of voting for a winner at the end.

I find Japanese TV to be much more entertaining, but only if you have a pretty solid grasp of the Japanese language. Of course it is true that you have to sift through a lot of garbage, but I assume that's true of any commercial media.

Japanese commercials are quite addicting...Though, I love JDramas and Comedy shows. Hey Hey Hey is such a great music show too--So funny! I think the Japanese have a great sense of humor.

I enjoy the travel shows where they visit an area of Japan and poke around in communities, looking at local delicacies, traditions, etc.

I also like the "reform" (renovation) shows where they go in and re-do someone's house. Perhaps because, just like the Japanese, I'm curious to see what's in my neighbour's house.

I like any show that doesn't focus on people yelling at each other and talking about food. How many does that leave us...?

No, really, I don't dabble in anime too often but I'm liking this one called こち亀 (kochikame) that's on channel 7. As for live action shows, I like the medical horrors show hosted by Beat Takeshi, but I couldn't tell you what time they're on because Japanese shows just seem to start, finish, and change in no particular order.

Japanese shows as a whole are pretty dull. I used to think it was because I couldn't understand them well, but as my Japanese improved I can assure you that when you see them cooing over food, slapping each other on the head, and yelling at each other, that's really all they're doing. But every now and then you can find a gem if you're patient enough.

I watched Hello! Morning since 2003 :P
    and I liked several dramas.

I usually watch the news and some silly shows once in a while. I can't stand Japanese dramas, they're very slow.

I watch hey hey hey sometimes... And Animes like Tokyo Mew Mew, Sailor moon... etc...
    But i cant watch on tv so i watch on the internet
    Siwon Sarangheayo~!<3

Heart

The Mini Skirt Police was always a favourite

mecha mecha iketeru, lincoln, 99size,etc.
    i also watch some dramas, akihabara@deep still my favorite drama.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234