Wa-pedia Home > Japan Forum & Europe Forum

View Poll Results: what programs do you like on Japanese TV (choose all applicable)

Voters
117. You may not vote on this poll
  • News

27 23.08%
  • Dramas

41 35.04%
  • Jidai-geki (Japanese historical movies)

19 16.24%
  • Modern Japanese movies

32 27.35%
  • Western movies

12 10.26%
  • Variety

32 27.35%
  • Celebrity quizzes

28 23.93%
  • Travel

24 20.51%
  • Restaurant & food reviews

25 21.37%
  • Cooking classes

18 15.38%
  • Money-related programs checking how much people earn and spend (Bari-bari value, etc.)

4 3.42%
  • Anime

50 42.74%
  • Documentaries (history...)

25 21.37%
  • Commercials !

36 30.77%
  • Sumo

22 18.80%
  • Other sports

19 16.24%
  • Other (specify)

11 9.40%
  • I have never watched Japanese TV

16 13.68%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What programmes do you like on Japanese TV ?

the commericals!! definitely!
    The China Travel and Photography Forum
    www.MyChinaTrips.com

Nihon ni itai na... wintersweet's Avatar
    I really enjoyed watching uta karuta on TV in Japan last New Year's. Back in the US, I watch Japanese TV every Saturday. "Sakura" just ended (thank god...), "Koi Seyo Otome" ("Let's Fall in Love") recently started, and "Shinsengumi!" is still going. Sometimes I watch the news or random quiz show afterward, although I can't understand that much, since those aren't subtitled. Someday, dammit.
    wintersweet/Claris
    http://wintersweet.livejournal.com/info/
    "I'd Rather Be in Japan" T-shirts

I really watch the more fun and pop'n shows like Hey Hey Hey! and Pop Japan TV. Of course, my Japanese entertainment is limited.

dramas

what are some japanese dramas?
    ˚ァξpĦΞムΩүОа˚

Returning student
    As for me, I've seen some really WEIRD japanese game shows on spike TV (I have satellite TV) I think it was. Also there are some on Sushi TV. Some weird stuff. I've see some japanese PSP commercials on their site and on IGN.com.

a non member
    Mechaike Thats for sure, and London hearts!!!!!!!!

I like Hey Hey Hey (used to watch videos of it with my Japanese friends back in NZ), then there was a REALLY interesting travel show which I dont know the name of....
    SMAPbistro!!!! I love Shingo chan!!!
    Beach boys was good for a laugh, when there is nothing better to watch on Korean tv.
    Hmm just trying to think of other programmes I have seen.....
    Sumo and K1 are about the only sports I like watching, oh and the Japanese and Korean soccer teams! ooh lahlah!

Kara-Nari Smarty-Pants Wiz-Girl of the Southern Pacific Queen of Communication and International Arbitration and Diplomatic Solutions to Hairy Territorial Issues Her Majesty the Empress コクネ・ you quite rightly deserve the title for your individuality !

Quote Originally Posted by cyber ape
    I really watch the more fun and pop'n shows like Hey Hey Hey! and Pop Japan TV. Of course, my Japanese entertainment is limited.

"Poppuh Japahn TV!" XD
    God do I love that show, the only way I happen to catch it is when it comes on AZN at 5 in the morning. I actually stay up until 5 to watch it on weekends, sad huh? I don't like the guy who hosts though, he has no enthusiam what-so-ever. Hey hey hey is sweet too.

This makes me wanna go download some TV shows on lucida tracker >___>

on dutch television there is something called commercial guessing...
    is this really a trend in japan?

Have to contribute here! ^_^ Takeshis Castle is very good, though since I do not see much of Japanese tv on the web and on tv, I don't know. In UK they usually make it out to be funny lol. I did however once watch a whole episode of 'hey hey hey!' with the interview of X Japan. I liked it, or, perhaps, just X Japan.

I watch a lot of TV varieties like Mecha Mecha Iketeru, Utaban, Hey Hey Hey Music Champ, Music Station, Music Fighter and Asayan before it was cancelled.

I like Project X. My wife would watch the show and started sobbing. My Japanese in-laws would praise the show and talk of the people who made Japan strong and contributed to its economic prosperity. These are people who stick resolutely to their paths despite odds, and push on to achieve greatness. A bit of what I would call good old stubbornness. Today`s show is the last. Will miss it. I heard that most youngsters in their twenties within Japan do not watch this show. Is it true?

i like Pop Jam ^^ and animes.. other than that i watch the near-the-end part of sumo too every tournament, although just to see asa shoryu and sometimes hakuho

I still, to this day, love Sazae-san shown at 6:30 pm on Sunday nights. The typical extended family and a great way to stay up on the language.

I throughly enjoy the six-month long, 15 min "morning novels" on NHK as they show a real glimpse of Japanese life. Six months highlights one woman's life in Southern Japan (NHK Osaka) and the other six months highlights one woman's life in northern Japan (NHK Tokyo). A good contrast of dialects and culture.

I enjoy the weekly murder mysteries as they usually take place in a popular tourist attraction/site in Japan. Great for learning about these places.

I enjoy the weekly "Doramas" as they typically highlight a sector of Japanese life and culture and is a great way to maintain a current knowledge of the language and culture.

Of course I enjoy the weekly shows that highlight the popular music of the day although I am more biased to enka type music but do enjoy more than a few modern songs and music. My all time favorites, although extinct, is "X-Japan", Southern Allstars, Sawada Kenji among others.

And "Sumo Digest". Sumo is still one of my all time favorite sports although it did take me a while to understand it.

Thankfully I receive them on tape from my mother-in-law. Arrigato mama.
    Do What You Love And You'll Never Work Another Day In Your Life!

Anime was my first interest, but then I figured out the funny comedy shows they had. I understood almost nothing, but they sure have funny characters on TV. As Maciamo said the commercials are good but become tiresome after a while. I also like Sumo so I watched that frequently.
    Well I have to admit that I watched too much TV there but only because I wanted to learn some language and get used to hearing it all the time.
    Japanese TV is not actually that bad as it surpasses Croatian TV and lots of others by far with quality of content.

I get TV Japan here and I really like some of the NHK documentary and shows that introduces seafood around Japan. What they do is that they visit small fishing towns and go out to the sea for one day with the fisherman. They came back with the fish and make all sorts of 料理. They all look so yummy!

Quote Originally Posted by Ewok85
    Comedy shows, which are known as variety. I LOVE the show with the guys who dress like 80's punks with the big hair and the long black clothing and ride the bikes doing some kind of counting game. Loser fights a sumo! hehe
    I know I'm quoting a post 2 years old, but this was one of my favorite shows too. I never figured out the name, but it was absolutely hysterical watching 5'6" 120lb guys fight sumos for screwing up a counter.

I also like Docchi no Ryouri, a show with the title meaning "Wisdom of a monkey" or something to that effect, and almost anything with Downtown.
    Go Trojans! Fight On!

Definitely anything Lonbu. I have a stack of their videos and I watch them continuously everyday in the background to keep up my listening...and at this point its almost a habit to have them in the background.

I've been following Lonbu since Lonbu Dragon from about 1999.

I did not get to watch much Tv while i was there, but one show that i really came to enjoy watching every morning before I went out to site see was a show that I think is called "With Mother" i have not been able to find much about it except the information from the NHK website. I was staying with my grandmother and i dont think she had cable since there were only 10-15 stations. I also liked the variety type shows on later at night when i would get home that had alot of singing on them like karaoke. Also the commercials I would like a dvd full of random Japanese commercials.

anything that is on late at night... its usually more funny then.
    => picturetokyo.com
    => picturetokyo.com/gallery
    Courage
    *Go to the edge of the cliff and jump off. Build your wings on the way down.
    *Is often lack of insight, whereas cowardice in many cases is based on good information.

What's that show where the fat blonde japanese guy and his friend go around to various farms and restaraunts and eat. then occasionally take a break to dance. I love that show.
    "We are all in the gutter,
    but some of us are looking at the stars."
    - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by xerxes99
    What's that show where the fat blonde japanese guy and his friend go around to various farms and restaraunts and eat. then occasionally take a break to dance. I love that show.
    Do you mean "Debuya"?
    I like the guys on that show and worry like their mom that they're eating too much and not taking care of their health!!
    But, Papaya Suzuki is OK in that respect, he's actually a dancer and choreographer.

Commercials, by far the best part
    これからも絶対頑張る〜

Quote Originally Posted by epigene
    Do you mean "Debuya"?
    I like the guys on that show and worry like their mom that they're eating too much and not taking care of their health!!
    But, Papaya Suzuki is OK in that respect, he's actually a dancer and choreographer.
    I think so. I've seen the friend on other shows teaching disco moves.

My favourite Japanese TV show is Monkey. I just love that show. It was the first series I collected on DVD. The characters are just perfect, and the actors portray them so well. The story is pretty much the same every week - some evil demon kidnaps a pretty girl, Tripitaka says they must help, Monkey has a sulk, Pigsy falls in love, Sandy figures it out and it turns out that the demon wasn't evil after all, he just had a toothache! You can't help singing along to the music and each episode has a lovely poignant moment. The fight scenes are really cool too!
    "A man can live and be healthy without killing animals for food; therefore, if he eats meat, he participates in taking animal life
    merely for the sake of his appetite. And to act so is immoral." - Leo Tolstoy

Currently playing: Agarest on PS3
    Currently reading: The Devil Rides Out by Dennis Wheatley

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast