Wa-pedia Home > Japan Forum & Europe Forum

View Poll Results: what programs do you like on Japanese TV (choose all applicable)

Voters
117. You may not vote on this poll
  • News

27 23.08%
  • Dramas

41 35.04%
  • Jidai-geki (Japanese historical movies)

19 16.24%
  • Modern Japanese movies

32 27.35%
  • Western movies

12 10.26%
  • Variety

32 27.35%
  • Celebrity quizzes

28 23.93%
  • Travel

24 20.51%
  • Restaurant & food reviews

25 21.37%
  • Cooking classes

18 15.38%
  • Money-related programs checking how much people earn and spend (Bari-bari value, etc.)

4 3.42%
  • Anime

50 42.74%
  • Documentaries (history...)

25 21.37%
  • Commercials !

36 30.77%
  • Sumo

22 18.80%
  • Other sports

19 16.24%
  • Other (specify)

11 9.40%
  • I have never watched Japanese TV

16 13.68%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What programmes do you like on Japanese TV ?

Quote Originally Posted by kirei_na_me
    I like watching the news for a different perspective. I like watching shows like NHK Special and Project X. I sometimes like watching TV Champion, . . .
    In addition to the above, I regularly watch "Uchuusen Chikyuugo" (Spaceship "Earth"), Tuesday Night at the Mysteries, and currently the dramas "Kasouken no Onna" (The Woman of the Forensics Lab) and "Rikon Bengoshi" (Divorce Lawyer). "Hagure Keiji -- Junjou-Ha" (The compassionate Detective) is a favorite. It's in hiatus now but may not be returning since the lead role is played by the aging actor Makoto Fujita.

"Shitteru Tsumori?" (Do you really know it?) was a great documentary show that ran in the late '90s

I used to love "Shinkon-san Irasshai" (Welcome Newlyweds!) which ran for close to 20 years from the 1970s to '90s.

All the above shows are available on video tape at any Japanese video store in LA.

I'm Fabulous!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ewok85
    Nah SmapxSmap is ok, but i prefer SmapBistro more. Man Shingo is one crazy guy

Wait. . .aren't SmapxSmap and BistroSmap the same show ?? And yeah, shingo is fabulous!

As everyone can guess, no Japanese TV channel on France (kanashimi ). But first time I saw some Japanese Tv program it is was in a French program and they talked about Japanese obstacle course program. I was very surprised that Japanese can make that funny and ridiculous programs... and then I saw Lost in Translation, with this henna/crazy comedian ... I couldn't believe it ... who said French programs are ridiculous.

Is there "reality shows" in Japan ? Like Big Brother I mean ?
    Nec Spe Nec Metu

Finally Enlighted One Buddha Smoker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ewok85
    Eh? You can't deny how annoying bob sapp is, and he's a professional fighter. At first I thought it was cute but then... you seen the pizza-la adverts?
    Or the Diga commercials? Ahhhhh...I hate them just as well.

Bwahaha you couldn't pay me enough to get dressed up like that and go on television.

Oh! How about the binbo battle show! I forget the name now... buts its very very funny

Quote Originally Posted by Riven
    As everyone can guess, no Japanese TV channel on France (kanashimi ). But first time I saw some Japanese Tv program it is was in a French program and they talked about Japanese obstacle course program.
    That must have been "Sasuke".

Quote Originally Posted by Riven
    Is there "reality shows" in Japan ? Like Big Brother I mean ?
    I only watch the free network TV programs and there are no such shows that I know of. There may be all kinds of weird shows on cable or satellite TV.

Quote Originally Posted by Golgo_13
    I only watch the free network TV programs and there are no such shows that I know of. There may be all kinds of weird shows on cable or satellite TV.
    I see. I am surprised there isn't any "Reality show" in Japan. Here in France it got popular, on free network TV. I will try to ask Japanese living in France what they think about it.

Finally Enlighted One Buddha Smoker's Avatar
    I think I've seen a Japanese Survivor type show while back but I don't think it lasted very long...those type of shows don't seem popular over here at least..yet.

Been watching the afternoon show"waratte ii tomo" and News station (channel 10) now called Hodo Station for as long as I can remember.(**)

Sanma makes me laugh so I watch most of his shows like his midnight talk variety.

Speaking of Bob Sapp,his very much publicised fight of the century with Akebono was a disappointment, he was far too strong for the former sumo grand champion..

Recently my kids have gotten me to start watching Waterboys with them on Tuesday nights. That is a funny show...even with my limited Japanese listening skills!

Quote Originally Posted by CC1
    Recently my kids have gotten me to start watching Waterboys with them on Tuesday nights. That is a funny show...even with my limited Japanese listening skills!
    It's great to watch "Water Boys" right after watching "Fire Boys".

"Fire Boys" is a drama about firefighters. I schidt you not!

Shitteiru Tsumori was great...too bad it's no longer going....
    I like Sekai Fushigi Hakken
    Used to watch 20th Century Odoroki mononoki (or something like that title)
    Also liked Ururun taizaiki (sp?)

anime I liked: City Hunter, Nippon Mukashi Banashi and a bunch of others...including Ge Ge Ge no Kitaro, and the olde tv anime Sasuke

watch currently the Samurai Saturday stuff on the IFC channel, along with the current doramas shown on the international channel, including popjapan tv and hey hey hey....

the weirdest tv show I have ever seen on J-tv was a show called Ugo Ugo Ruuga....that show could cause serious brain damage as it was a kid's show....pretty twisted show...no wonder the kids are so messed up these days in Japan...
    I know nothing...except the answer is 42. You know more than I do.

Quote Originally Posted by den4
    Then you would like "Project X".

I heard it was good....never seen it yet, though....
    too bloody lazy to go down to the local Japanese video store, I guess.....I dunno....still haven't finished watching the last 3 eps of Fireboys yet, so....getting behind....

dont miss those humerous and enjoyable commerical! I tape an 2 hours worth of commerical and bring home to enjoy
    The China Travel and Photography Forum
    www.MyChinaTrips.com

Quote Originally Posted by den4
    I also liked the ending theme song for it. "We'll be Together" by Yoko Oginome. I bought the CD single.

I also liked "Shinkon-san Irasshai" (Welcome Newlyweds) that used to be on during the '70s and '80s

オー!マイキー
    Quote message in reply?
    ttp://www.tcvb.or.jp/

Hmm...

I only watched a bit of TV the last time I was in Japan. The anime was good, then there was this weird show teaching children how to make a homemade camera, and also this show that was teaching french. I liked the french one best since I actually understood some of it.

At home there is a multicultural channel that shows this Japanese TV show about j-pop. They show a few videos and have a feature artist of the month. I personally can't stand the show because for half of it they are interviewing the featured artist...and the interviews go so slowly. They ask the question and then it takes about 30 seconds for all the band members to think of an answer, and then when they say it they take these huge pauses between words. It's painful.

In conclusion, I'm sure I would warm up to the regular TV shows, but most of them were a bit too weird for me.

What!? No "the Black Mail" on your list? That is the funniest show on j-tv

The local Fuji network leases a channel from 10-10:45 p.m. I think. The only shows I've seen worth watching are Heyx3 (which doesn't show anymore, or at least, it doesn't come on when it used to), and a humorous show about a group of Japanese people travelling the world in a bus, whilst looking for love among themselves. Perhaps I'd liked the dramas and other talk-shows better if I understood what they were all saying!

I like the talk show in "lost in translation" im not sure if that is a real show. I think it is
    When it comes down to it the art and sport of Kendo is a question, "I'm going to hit you in the head with a stick, but can you hit me first?" - Me

umm. its not really a show... and its not really on anymore... but...Segata Sanshiro, Segata Sanshiro Sega sataan shiro!!! .

best... adverts....ever...
    and the song rules too.
    Who was Hitler?... a petty dictator living in the times of Stalin.

Everyone is intelligent...some before; some afterwards.

... my mood while I've been on this forum... in reverse order!!! hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Golgo_13
    I also liked "Shinkon-san Irasshai" (Welcome Newlyweds) that used to be on during the '70s and '80s
    I like that too, although sometimes seems a bit rehearsed. It's on Sunday around lunch time now. DH (forum language for "dear husband" or whatever "D" word you want to put there ) wanted us to go on that show - it's too late now though because you have to be married no more than a year. Also they love talking in detail about the couples sex-life.... not sure that would go down well with the inlaws and other friends who might watch...!

I don't watch a lot of TV, but there are some good cooking shows and a kids kanji program that's also good for me!

Your favorite Japanese TV Shows??

I am in the USA and Can't get japanese TV. But I am looking to Purchase a large quantity of japanese TV shows to help me learn japanese. And I needed some advice on some of the good quality and popular tv shows. So what are some of your favorite Japanese TV Shows and Why?

Cs
    Merged with already existing thread (it even has a poll!).

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast