Wa-pedia Home > Japan Forum & Europe Forum

View Poll Results: Do you believe in astrology ?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I strongly believe in it

0 0%
  • I somewhat believe in it, to some extent

16 29.09%
  • I do not really believe in it, but I do read my horoscope from time to time

11 20.00%
  • Astrology is a pack of lies !

28 50.91%

Thread: Do you believe in astrology ?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    normal is so passe ShadowSpirit's Avatar
    I suppose I take a unique outlook to astrology.

For one, I personally do not believe in horoscopes. But astrology also does personality profiling. I do pay attention to this aspect of astrology. When analyzing empirical evidence, it is practically no contest that there is no truth in determining a person's personality based on their birth date. Though if a person claims that they represent their sign, then you now know something about that person or at least how that person views themself based on what you read about their sign.

e.g. Cancer: sensitive, moody, comical, romantic, emotional. If a person says they believe themselves to be like a Cancer. Well they either are, or think they are of the things I just listed. If not all, perhaps most.

This aspect in itself I feel makes astrology an interesting social tool and a fun conversation piece. No matter how unbelievable the phenomenon behind it may be.

Oh, for the posters that think their signs don't match up accurately. Astrologists believe that the change in star allignment pits you more in tune with your rising sign (the sign preceeding the one you are allegedly born under.) A good source of reading material (that is assuming you find interest in pseudo-sciences) is Linda Goodman's Love Signs (she's written others, but I find this book to be the most fun to read.) On an interesting note, it has to be a coincidence, but I find that the people most likely to be interested in astrology or mysticism (tarot, pendulums, palm reading) are usually water signs (Cancer, Pisces, Scorpio.) I also noticed that Earth signs are into nature (Virgo, Capricorn, Taurus.)
    Last edited by ShadowSpirit; Jan 14, 2009 at 00:41.