Wa-pedia Home > Japan Forum & Europe Forum

View Poll Results: Do you believe in astrology ?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I strongly believe in it

0 0%
  • I somewhat believe in it, to some extent

16 29.09%
  • I do not really believe in it, but I do read my horoscope from time to time

11 20.00%
  • Astrology is a pack of lies !

28 50.91%

Thread: Do you believe in astrology ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned
    I believe in Atsrology. I don't think there is not a reason to deny its powers. Astrology is a FACT! The argument should be how much does it affect you?

This planet is affected by the sun, the moon. We have day time, night time, we have summers and winters. The sun affects us as human beings. We have low tide, high tide, women are affected by the moon by having the Menstruation cycle. We bleed more when it is full moon. There are more homicides when it is full moon.

I can come with many more examples on how just the moon and the sun is affecting us so why should not also stars affect us? Like it or not we are affected by external powers. The question is just how much are we affected by it?

Another interesting thing is that the Bible has much of it's stories from ancient tales and astrology. The Bible is more or less astrology where it has changed the various start signs into people.

Jesus was born of a Virgin on the 25th. The god's son was born on the winter Solstice. 12 diciples is 12 constellations of the Zodiac.

Last edited by centrajapan; Dec 7, 2007 at 22:52. Reason: spelling mistake & I forgot to mention the Bible

Quote Originally Posted by centrajapan View Post
    I believe in Atsrology. I don't think there is not a reason to deny its powers. Astrology is a FACT! The argument should be how much does it affect you?
    It is not a fact, and putting the word fact in uppercase will not make it fact. It is a form of divination that ranks along with tarot cards, palm reading and phrenology. A bunch of mystical nonsense that sucks in the gullible. For example before the 18th century people didn't know of the existance of Uranus (discovered 1781), neptune and Pluto, so any astrological charts and predictions made before then didn't take them into account. In the 20th centruy the do. Does that make all prediction made before 1781 wrong? Now pluto is no longer classed as a planet, but a dwarf planet, due to the discovery of Sedna and other just beyond Pluto. Are these now have to be taken into account, or are dwraf planets now discarded all together? If so any predictions made before 2006 (when Pluto was re-classified) are wrong.
    How about mediaeval predictions? They thought the Earth was the centre of the universe and the planet revolved around us. Go back further and they thought the stars were fixed (FACT: They are not) and lights on a large dome. In other words Astrology is superstition taken to an almost religious aspect.
    We can take the satrs into account. Why just the twelve signs of the zodiac? there are hundreds of constellations, but only these twelve affect us, or determine our personality. Funny, I always thought personality was formed by our childhood and parents, not by a group of stars that are hundreds and thousands of light years away. You look up in the sky and you are seeing the past. You think you see one star when in FACT a lot of them are binaries. Sirius is a good example of a binary star. One is a large white star and the other is a dying white dwarf. Will our lives be affected when Sirius B finally dies? I doubt that very much, and that is only 8.6 light years away.
    The one thing Astrology did gives us was Astronomy when it shed its mystic rubbish and finally became a science.
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...
    Remember the Siruis Cybernetic Corportations motto: Share and Enjoy

Banned
    Are you saying humans are not affected by external powers? Ofcource they are. That is what I mean by FACT. I did not say that humans are only affected by external powers but there is no doubt that humans are.

Instead of denying that humans are affected by external powers you should rather be debating that it hardly affects human beings.

You said Astrology was a fact not that humans are affected by external powers? An what exactly do you define as external powers, the whether, gravity, a god? Where do you draw the line at external powers, the sun, the planets, 10 light years (LY), 100( LY), 10 000 (LY)? All I said was astrology is not a fact which it is not, instead it is a collection of superstitious nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by centrajapan
    Instead of denying that humans are affected by external powers you should rather be debating that it hardly affects human beings.
    No, no, no. You are the one who has said it is fact, therefore the burden of proof is on you. That is how theories work. You say a statement such as astrology is a fact and then you provide the evidence for it.