Wa-pedia Home > Japan Forum & Europe Forum

View Poll Results: What addictions do you have ?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • JREF !

16 28.57%
  • The Internet

35 62.50%
  • Video games

21 37.50%
  • Anime

15 26.79%
  • TV

10 17.86%
  • Chocolate

16 28.57%
  • Alcohol

9 16.07%
  • Sex

12 21.43%
  • Tobacco

12 21.43%
  • Drugs

3 5.36%
  • Gambling

3 5.36%
  • Work

4 7.14%
  • Other

25 44.64%
  • I am not addicted to anything

1 1.79%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Do you have any addictions ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Internet, video games and books.

You know those questions someone poses that you just have to have the answer to? If I can't get to a computer and google it I feel like I will go crazy!

I don't really miss video games when I am not playing them, but once I start I find it very difficult to stop - I will sit there with my belly rumbling, my throat parched and dying to pee, just so I can finish this level or beat that boss. It's pretty sad.

And books. One of the reasons I hate work is that it takes valuable time away from all the books I have to read.
    "A man can live and be healthy without killing animals for food; therefore, if he eats meat, he participates in taking animal life
    merely for the sake of his appetite. And to act so is immoral." - Leo Tolstoy

Currently playing: Agarest on PS3
    Currently reading: The Devil Rides Out by Dennis Wheatley

Quote Originally Posted by Tsuyoiko View Post
    You know those questions someone poses that you just have to have the answer to? If I can't get to a computer and google it I feel like I will go crazy!
    Some sociologists proposed an extended view of "personal knowledge", containing what one is able to access on the net within reasonable time. There is hardly any time difference between googling the answer to something or thinking hard about something that might have slipped your mind.
    I wonder what this will mean in future times, where always-on PDAs or perhaps implanted computer devices turn us all into permanent nodes on the net.