As I was having dinner (the only time of the day I watch TV), I had the dubious chance to stumble upon two interesting commercials. The first one was for a life insurance, which people could join between 50 and 80 years old. A woman announced with a smile, and not dissimulating her excitement, that it also covered the funeral fees. Oh yes ! Let's buy it !

5 min later (no I didn't change channel, the first series of commercial was over, then we had 2 min of the programme itself, then again commercials), comes the commercial of a tomb maker. A daughter says to her father "Oh that's a nice tomb that you bought there !". Father : "Oh, yes it is, blablah...". Daughter : "Dad, can I also be buried there ?".

So if you also want a nice tomb, call today XY kaisha !

I am pretty sure in a not so distant future, they will use pop stars to sell their funeral business. It will be like "This actress has already reserved her tomb in X cemetery. Increase your chances of meeting in the afterlife with this actress and buy the same model in the same cemetery today ! Call for free 0180-000-die-now or check our website www.join-in-the-grave.co.jp. For 1 million yen, we give you the option of getting a unique funeral ceremony to make sure that your soul will never get hungry in heaven !"

The main programme was not really the most relevant for these commercials, although it did share a common abyss for stupidity. The participants were cooking in a giant "nabe" (casserole) of 5000 litres (6.10m of diametre), for reasons that only the gods can comprehend.