Quote Originally Posted by Maciamo
I never had the impression of being "pompous, arrogant and condescending". What made you think that ?
The fact that you even need me to tell you, just underlines the problem. How can you not see that constantly harking on about your superior intellect, knowledge, experience etc. comes across badly to other people.

There is no reason to argue that "English speakers can have a hard time communicating with non-English-speaking Japanese" when it was never part of the subject of the thread. I never disagree with that. Yet, Mikecash, Gaijin Punch and Gaijin 06 all came up with that argument, because for them "English-friendly" had that meaning - but not for me, and I explained many times that it was not what I intended to discuss.
Believe it or not Maciamo, JREF is not just a two-way discussion between yourself on one side, and the rest of the forum members on the other. You simply cannot dictate what people are and aren't allowed to say. As I mentioned previously, threads grow, evolve and expand their scope as time goes on, with new related opinions and issues being introduced. This is what makes forums so interesting. You can raise one point, and then someone introduces another perspective to the debate. If you consider Gaijin Punch, Gaijin 06 and others' comments to be going off-topic then your definition of what is "off-topic" is so narrow as to be almost unworkable.

So what ? Did I say otherwise ?
You have puffed away on several occasions in different threads about how you have edited travel guides, when basically all you've done is make a bunch of web pages. Something which I or anyone else could if we had the inclination. If you don't feel it makes you more authoritative, why did you feel the need to tell everyone in the first place?

Edit: By the way, someone just wiped a load of reputation points off my score (not that I really care). Strangely, no red dots - just the total was decreased as if someone had edited it manually. I assume that was you?