Quote Originally Posted by CC1
Maciamo...are the same officers ther all of the time? You've been stopped 8 times, but how many times by the same officer? Instead of getting iritated, have you attempted to get to know the officers at that koban?
As I said, it was the first time I was stopped at the Koban. The other times were at different places on the main road. The cop who stopped had seen me before because I asked and my wife asked him something a few months ago (almost 1 year actually, so I would understand that he did not remember me). The Koban is just next to the subway exit, and I have passed there thousands of times (often several times a day). If he could spot me so easily twice that day when it was already dark (although only 5pm and still crowded), how comes he didn't see me the other days since he works there ?

There were 3 cops at the Koban at the time (2 who talked to me), so I can't believe that none of them had never seen me before passing with the same basket-less bicycles hundreds of times. I am one of the few long-term resident Westerner in that neighbourhood, and some people I have never met told my wife or her mother that they had seen me many times around (they know who I am, as I stand out as a tall blue-eyed Westerner that has been living there for years). I can't believe that the cops, whose job it is to know the neighbourhood, didn't know me or remember me.

2 years ago, I was stopped by the same cop twice in 2 days, and he asked me exactly the same thing the same way ! (starting over with "where are you from", "where do you live?", etc. and I lived 100m from there).

One day stop by and drop off some simple snacks as an offering.
Is that bribe or worship ?