Wa-pedia Home > Japan Forum & Europe Forum

Thread: JREF Community now more populous than 11 countries

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by misa.j
    I think we should all go to 'SEALAND'.

http://www.sealandgov.org/index.html
    Very interesting indeed. The location of Sealand is ideal, between England and the Benelux, just where I come from ! I do not like very much the looks of teh fortress thogh, and I also dislike the fact that it is a principality, which makes it look less democratic. (one of the main reason for me to secede from the UK or a Benelux country is justly the monarchy thing).

Anyhow, JREFLand's population exceeds that of Sealand by 30 times and is growing much faster.

I was thinking about the passport and nationality issue, and for practical reasons, we should create a supra-nationality, like that of the EU, that does not replace the previous nationality, but comes over it and acts as a sense of unity for those citizens from various cultural and geographical backgrounds.

As any country or organization, JREFLand also needs a flag, capital (or HQ) and possibly anthem too.

The anthem does not have to be original or composed by us. The EU's national anthem is Beethoven's 9th symphony, for example. We could choose one from classical music. Beethoven was chosen for his Europeanness (his roots are in Belgium, but he was born in Germany and lived and worked mostly in Austria, while supporting the ideals of the French Revolution). As most people have only one nationality, and most classical composers are European, it may be easier to select the music based on the feelings it conveys (Beethoven's 9th symphony was chosen because it is based on Schiller's Ode to Joy that refers to the brotherhood between humans around the world).

I was thinking (without much reflection) about Dvorak's 9th symphony From the New World, which is the most international music I know in inspirations (read article in link), and is futuristic in its approach.

The current HQ of JREF(Land) is in Tokyo. Like Disneyland, it is conveniently located in relative isolation (although in the centre) by the Tokyo Bay.

I merged the EU and Japan flags below. The blue, white and red also reminds of the USA. The 2nd flag are the 12 EU stars in white and red like the flag of Japan. Why the EU in JREF ? Because we are planning to extend JREF to the Europe as well. I ma now working on EUpedia with this in mind.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Maciamo; Jan 21, 2005 at 15:08.

Visit Japan for free with Wa-pedia
    See what's new on the forum ?
    Eupedia : Europe Guide & Genetics
    Maciamo & Eupedia on Twitter

"What is the use of living, if it be not to strive for noble causes and to make this muddled world a better place for those who will live in it after we are gone?", Winston Churchill.