Wa-pedia Home > Japan Forum & Europe Forum

Thread: Comparing Japan and the world => tolerance & prejudices

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    One other thing here, I dont think that the average Japanese person is even aware that issues like this exist, and because of it dont really care one way or the other, probably because they are not affected by issues like this in their daily lives.

It similar to the Japanese people that are shocked when they get refered to as "gaijin" when they travel overseas.

Quote Originally Posted by Obeika View Post
    One other thing here, I dont think that the average Japanese person is even aware that issues like this exist, and because of it dont really care one way or the other, probably because they are not affected by issues like this in their daily lives.
    It similar to the Japanese people that are shocked when they get refered to as "gaijin" when they travel overseas.
    Where can I meet the shocked Japanese? In your town? I think it is just a myth.
    There are places "Nihonjin-yado" (guest houses whose main customers are Japanese) around the world, but not Japanese backpackers created them, but the owners did so. And of course, we have pro & con arguments if you prefer the guesthouse or not.

About the biometric info by the US, your wife is Japanese, right? All non-Americans have privilege. Do you think it is not discriminatory like what I think?

About the biometric info by the US, your wife is Japanese, right? All non-Americans have privilege. Do you think it is not discriminatory like what I think?
    I live in Japan, and so does my wife, this means nothing to either of us.

Non-Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Obeika View Post
    I live in Japan, and so does my wife, this means nothing to either of us.
    It means something, though, if the two of you should ever visit America. At that time the authorities would collect the information if I'm not mistaken.

I'm sure you can appreciate that what I assume Pipokun doesn't like about this is the principle of the matter. What do you feel about this in terms of principles?