Quote Originally Posted by m477
Yeah, I wouldn't refer to them as Yakuza. From what I have seen, real Yakuza are practically businessmen in comparison. Near my girlfriend's apartment there are a bunch of them, they run brothels and drive around in black Benzes with tinted windows, and generally mind their own business.
Yeah, Yakuza can actually be really nice if you talk with them. I had a drink one time with a couple of them. They paid for everything and we really polite. To be honest, I had no idea they were Yakuza until after they left and the bartender thanked me for being nice to them (either way I didn't have to pay for my drinks and snacks that night ). The bartender told me that one of them was one of the higher people (exactly how high, I have no idea) and was extremely happy that nothing happened. Afterwards, I felt a bit weird but quickly blew it off. After that, the bartender said they asked for me a couple times but we never met again.

But Yakuza can be better than Uyoku though. I guess the saying "lesser of two evils" fits here somewhere.