7-5-6 for me...
Other things on the Food category, I thought, was:
11) Eat Japanese curry thinking it's the real Indian style cuisine.
12) Drink Sake and know which brands are good for drinking and which are used for cooking.
13) Like eating the onigiri you find in the local kombini
14) Tonjiru
15) Ate beef sashimi (before mad cow became so rampant)
16) Ate fugu
17) Know how to prepare Nabe cuisine for winter months
18) Drink Ocha at every meal
19) Eat Maccha or Azuki Aisu (Ice Cream, and knew Aisu was Ice Cream before you read this)

Etiquette:
11) Fold the toilet paper into a triangle shape (for the guests to use) (done by women only, I believe)
12) Never wear your slippers inside the bathroom (particularly the toilet area), and never wear the toilet slippers outside the toilet area.
13) Know how to use them new-fangled toilets with the streaming water and heated seats without panicking.
14) Wear Engrish T-shirts and carry Engrish-labeled goods with pride and complete ignorance of their meaning.
15) Know when to say, "You use the chopsticks very well..." to your foreign guests.
16) Always know when to make common sense assessments of other people's stature or physique, such as "Gee, you are very tall!" or "You have such pale skin tone..."
17) Always know when to ask questions that you should know better...if you were outside of Japan, like asking a woman: "How old are you?"
18) Never fail to ask each new person you meet: "What is your sign?" (astrological), "What year animal are you?" (Chinese astrological) and "What is your blood type?"

Under cultural adaptation, I think these are appropriate:
11) Know what Flesh Sand is at your local kombini
12) Think nothing about having to pay gas by the liter
13) Hand out your business card when you meet new people with both hands and a bow
14) Drinking Calpis doesn't phase you anymore
15) Expect to find anything you want at some vending machine somewhere nearby

these are just a few that come to mind.....