Wa-pedia Home > Japan Forum & Europe Forum

Thread: Japan disliked by 60% of neighbours

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    All the "somewhat" third world countries hate world powers, because they depend on them. No one really likes us except the UK...I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas56
    All the "somewhat" third world countries hate world powers, because they depend on them. No one really likes us except the UK...I think.
    Would you define Japan as a world power ? If so, aren't the UK, France or Germany world power as well ? Why do so many people dislike the US, or Japan within East Asia, but not the UK, France and Germany ? There is a reason for everything.

Visit Japan for free with Wa-pedia
    See what's new on the forum ?
    Eupedia : Europe Guide & Genetics
    Maciamo & Eupedia on Twitter

"What is the use of living, if it be not to strive for noble causes and to make this muddled world a better place for those who will live in it after we are gone?", Winston Churchill.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas56
    This generalisation is somewhat ungrounded as far as i am concerned-- i love America, my students mostly adore America as a perfect model of democracy. And i don't think we depend on you, instead we feel that America is a responsible partner despite the CCP's efforts to belitttle America for evil ideological reasons.

yopparatta hito
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonysoong
    This generalisation is somewhat ungrounded as far as i am concerned-- i love America, my students mostly adore America as a perfect model of democracy. And i don't think we depend on you, instead we feel that America is a responsible partner despite the CCP's efforts to belitttle America for evil ideological reasons.

i think that its the common belief by most 'level headed' americans that we are despised by the rest of the world. by 'level headed' i do mean people who didnt vote for bush, of course. because we seem to be the protagonist in almost every conflict that comes up in world politics.

and in response to the percentages taken from this survey, can we see the reference groups please? because surveys can be greatly biased as a marketing scheme[at least its used that way in the good ol' US], where they take a certain amount of people that they know will vote the way the surveyers want them to.

Quote Originally Posted by andorin
    i think that its the common belief by most 'level headed' americans that we are despised by the rest of the world. by 'level headed' i do mean people who didnt vote for bush, of course. because we seem to be the protagonist in almost every conflict that comes up in world politics.

and in response to the percentages taken from this survey, can we see the reference groups please? because surveys can be greatly biased as a marketing scheme[at least its used that way in the good ol' US], where they take a certain amount of people that they know will vote the way the surveyers want them to.
    Fair enough.