Quote Originally Posted by tokapi View Post
Here are detailed percentages ....
You are repeating to use the chart of the same source, from 1998 NHK documentary based on professor horai's own independent seminary works.

You did not appreciate the copyright laws by not citing the original sources, and remember you are not quoting the academic sources, but treat commercial sources without giving names, creation date, and company name.

You are also ignoring my comments or warnings of misuse and violation of copyright laws on the publication dates of "original academic sources", so please excuse me to repeat my previous posts below.

Horai published a book in 1997, and results are mostly then-2 years old (listed below), meaning that the chart you give much credits are done on 1990-1995, ancient by the standard of genetic science.

Horai S., Hayasaka K., Kondo R., Tsugane K. and Takahata N.: Recent African origin of modern humans revealed by complete sequences of hominoid mito chondrial DNAs. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA, 92, 532-536, 1995.
Horai S.: Evolution and origins of man: clues from complete sequences of hominoid mitochondrial DNA. Southeast Asian J. Trop. Med. Publ. Health, 26(Suppl. 1), 146-154, 1995.
Horai S.: Origin of Homo sapiens inferred from the age of the common ancestral human mitochondrial DNA. In The origin and past of modern humans as viewed from DNA (S. Brenner and K. Hanihara, eds.), pp. 171-185, World Scientific, 1995.
1Horai S., Kondo R., Sonoda S. and Tajima K.: The first Americans: Different waves of migration to the New World inferred from mitochondrial DNA sequence polymorphisms. In Prehistoric dispersal of Mongoloids, (T. Akazawa and E. Szathmary, eds.), pp. 270-283, Oxford University Press, 1996.

A chart I quoted below is created in 2005, and 2006, and by the reputed western scholors, for that reason, I tend to believe them comparing to the Horai's studies based on outdated unreliable methodology, without an international team, and published 12 years ago.

What also bothers me is that your comments do not match the description of chart which is highly inappropriate.

Dual origins of the Japanese: common ground for hunter-gatherer
and farmer Y chromosomes

Michael F. Hammer, Tatiana M. Karafet, Hwayong Park et al, 2006

Below is the Hammer's results on the three major genetic lineages of Japanese people.

Haplogroup C (M130, M216)
High frequencies among the indigenous populations of Mongolia, the Russian Far East, Polynesia, Australia, and at moderate frequency in the Korean Peninsula, Manchuria, Japan and India.
*about 10% of Japanese population has Haplogroup C

Haplogroup D (M174)
High frequencies among the indigenous populations of Tibet, Japanese Archipelago (Ainu of Japan), Andaman Islands, Tajikistan
*about 35% of Japanese population has Haplogroup D

Haplogroup O (M175):
High frequencies among the indigenous populations of Austronesia, China (Sino-Tibetan, Han chinese of China), Tai, Cambodia, Vietnam, Hmong-Mien, Japan, Korean Peninsula
*about 50% of Japanese population has Haplogroup O

In case you are refering to Austronesian by Pacific Islanders, you may find the following guide as useful (from MacDonald, 2005).

Haplogroup K (M-9):
High frequencies among Melanesian, New Guinean, indigenous people of Fiji, Solomon Islands
*Japanese people is not known to have this haplogroup.

Haplogroup K is found at low to moderate frequencies (5%) in the indigenous population of South east Asia, Northern Han Chinese and Southern Han Chinese.