True, i even had to explain to my g/fs family as we passed what passes as a large house and garden in japan that in britain, that is roughly between just below to normal avarage.

I also had to explain that homes and stuff without a garden are the minority in the UK.

They have what passes as a nice expensive flat in japan, and i guess it is by japanese standards, but to me, its just about smaller then even a council rent apartment in my home city.

home-size aside, i still like japan.

What i was trying to get at is that small dwellings aside, its hardly a somalian slum-hut, after-all im assuming you live here in japan correct?, and youve said before that you like japan and stuff (while still discussing important issues, and running this website?.... :> ) so, its still okay, dropping to 11th place doesnt mean japan has decended into an experience comparable to a concenctration camp or something.

If i had my way there would be more public spaces and homes have more garden space but, i can adapt to it so it cant be all that bad.
It may also be a cultural thing, even country homes seem a bit needlessly small.