Quote Originally Posted by Iron Chef
I live on the outskirts of Fukuoka now and there are only two real things that irk me to no end.

1) Nearby (about two blocks away) is a home that has a rooster for a friggin' pet! Having such pets in a residential zone is against the law in my State back home. Damn thing`s sole purpose is to apparently annoy the **** out of me and me alone (apparently). Morning, noon, day, or night this bird just will not stop... Would be a shame if something misfortunate were to happen... say in the middle of the night. 8-p

2) Punkass wannabes who think they are cut out to be Bosozoku on their little 250cc scooters (not even a real bike no less...) cruising up and down "the gut" trying to impress their buddies. I don't know who's worse, these kids or the no-brain cops who trail behind them at a leisurely pace with full sirens blaring at 3am. Oy vey... pull'em over or let'em go already, sheesh.

Aside from that though, it's definitely much quieter here in Japan than back home (for the most part).
I live in a pretty similar area on kyushuu as well. Only difference is, the rooster in my street is across the road from me (aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah). My street is generally really quiet, so quiet that if someone is walking along or making the slightest noise, you are going to hear it. Then you move away from my house into the main town. For a samll rural city, I am actually really suprised at the amount of noise that is made. But noise doesn't bother me too much, I adjust quickly and don't let things bother me