Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
via Wikipedia
How does this resemble the flag of the Japanese Imperial Army (1870-1945), the Japanese Imperial Navy (1889-1945), and currently the Japanese Maritime Self-defense Forces?
It would be very cruel to try to bury and erase the Japanese people's history, for the losses, mistakes and miscalculations of their leaders and Emperor. Mistakes made because Japan was desperate to colonize, feed, and find more land and resources for it's overcrowded population...AS they seen and watched England, France, Spain, and the Dutch do when they faced the same problem!
I understand their plight that still plagues that nation today, probably even worse now than it was in the 30's before they started making their moves to take a little of China. Japan HAS to be allowed to grow...but they cannot get the land and resources they need without taking someone else's.
That is the number one biggest hurdle facing Japan today, one that will need to be addressed again by the entire earth in the VERY near future.
Lets just hope they don't fly the Rising Sun again to solve the problem.
That would be VERY bad for everyone...as they now have an out of this world industrial capacity, a loyal, brave, extremely intelligent and deperate people who stick together, and the much wisdom learned from their mistakes and failures in II.
I would much rather they just swindle me out of my land and resources, than ever go military again.
The next time Japan goes military, nobody will see the attack coming until it is already over and they have conquered the entire earth....then it will be too late to try to resist. Think about that.
I hope and pray the Rising Sun remains Japan's history.