Quote Originally Posted by Glenski View Post
Yes, they have stopped Japanese citizens before for bike registration. People have reported, however, that after they (foreigners) are stopped, then they ask the cops if Japanese are being stopped too, the cops say yes, but totally ignore any passing Japanese at that time on bikes. So, it's a case by case thing, and if you are stopped and are the only one who is stopped, it is suspiciously like discrimination, don't you agree?
They don't stop every bicycle coming down the street. They grab one, give him the works, let him go, and stop another one. While they're busy, numerous other bicycles tool along past the check point unimpeded. Hence, they wouldn't be likely to notice who got stopped before or after them and they come away thinking that only foreigners are getting stopped.

I'm here to tell you, many times I have been parked in my truck and watched bicycle check points on streets where no foreigners were passing through the area. People make out like this is some activity the police dreamed up just to hassle foreigners, and it just ain't so.