Wa-pedia Home > Japan Forum & Europe Forum

View Poll Results: Is Japan a Western country (please read the thread before)

Voters
357. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

35 9.80%
  • Maybe, depends how you see it

123 34.45%
  • No

186 52.10%
  • Don't know

13 3.64%

Thread: Is Japan a Western country ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by alexriversan
    . Offensive Slang
    Used as a disparaging term for a member of the white rural laboring class, especially in the southern United States.
    A white person regarded as having a provincial, conservative, often bigoted attitude.
    I suppose that's the definition of redneck. Usually it also implies a lack of education and very self-centered view of the world (I guess that could be associated with being conservative and bigoted). What I meant is that I didn't like people like that, wherever they come from and whatever their ethnic group. What I especially dislike is the ignorant/uneducated aspect, because that is merely up to oneself to learn (it's so easy with the Internet nowadays, but books have always existed for people living now).

if you avoid the numbers 4000 etc, probably people like to read about your bad experiences.
    I couldn't quite make sense of that last sentence (numbers 4000 ?).

Visit Japan for free with Wa-pedia
    See what's new on the forum ?
    Eupedia : Europe Guide & Genetics
    Maciamo & Eupedia on Twitter

"What is the use of living, if it be not to strive for noble causes and to make this muddled world a better place for those who will live in it after we are gone?", Winston Churchill.

Quote Originally Posted by Maciamo
    I suppose that's the definition of redneck. Usually it also implies a lack of education and very self-centered view of the world (I guess that could be associated with being conservative and bigoted). What I meant is that I didn't like people like that, wherever they come from and whatever their ethnic group. What I especially dislike is the ignorant/uneducated aspect, because that is merely up to oneself to learn (it's so easy with the Internet nowadays, but books have always existed for people living now).
    sometimes they know it, somehow, and do not interfere with things they do not understand.
    sometimes they say "i do not understand"
    sometimes they write/say things they do not understand themselves.
    i am self-centered, but i am working at it. at least i add "in my opinion" now.

that's off-topic, but you generalized people using a word which is related to america's history. some workers do not talk too much in, the wrong place, at the wrong time, i would assume.

Talking

seen from the east coast of america, japan is a western country.

the europeans invented the compass in europe, china to the east and america to the west.

quite entertaining.