Wa-pedia Home > Japan Forum & Europe Forum

Thread: Japan is not an asylum country

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned
    Originally posted by itshokenme
    It's difficult for Japanese to swallow but they need to understand unless they go home and XXXX like rabbits, they will have to heavily rely on the immigrant population to sustain their economy down the line. I'm sure everyone knows that right?
    Not me. Everyone may "know" this sort of thing in certain circles, but the line of thinking is almost entirely based in myth. The Japanese don't want or need to start welcoming great hordes of new foreigners into their crowded, ethnocentric little country. The current immigration system works reasonably well.

Reason is very clear: Japan is one of the most racist countries in the world. Many people still have this ideas for clean blood. There is a good movie called "GO" about this topic.

If a gouvernment would open their doors for foreigner, they would have problem to keep power, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantitlan
    Reason is very clear: Japan is one of the most racist countries in the world. Many people still have this ideas for clean blood. There is a good movie called "GO" about this topic.

If a gouvernment would open their doors for foreigner, they would have problem to keep power, I think.
    TOTAL RUBBISH! Racism has nothing to do with it. Infact the word "racism" is all too often used. Pretty soon if someone says they dont like "hip hop" they will be sued for being "racist". Total Rubbish. While I agree in some aspects that Japan IS "racist" or "ignorant" they are not when it comes to Asylum seekers. Why does a paki or iranian or whatever have the right to settle in a country where he has no ties with for the only reason that he wants to escape his OWN country for reasons of poverty. Countries like my own Australia are just PATHETIC. I believe in helping out. But in a realistic sense. Why not just send AID, not just money....but in the forms of food, Dr.s, Teachers etc etc. If the Government is no good then all good countries should ban together to try to help over throw the Government of such derelect countries.
    By accepting refugees all we are doing is sweeping the problem under the carpet and giving people free tickets.
    It is RUBBISH.

Captain of the Vessel
    Quote Originally Posted by Amazinggrace
    TOTAL RUBBISH! Racism has nothing to do with it. Infact the word "racism" is all too often used. Pretty soon if someone says they dont like "hip hop" they will be sued for being "racist". Total Rubbish. While I agree in some aspects that Japan IS "racist" or "ignorant" they are not when it comes to Asylum seekers. Why does a paki or iranian or whatever have the right to settle in a country where he has no ties with for the only reason that he wants to escape his OWN country for reasons of poverty. Countries like my own Australia are just PATHETIC. I believe in helping out. But in a realistic sense. Why not just send AID, not just money....but in the forms of food, Dr.s, Teachers etc etc. If the Government is no good then all good countries should ban together to try to help over throw the Government of such derelect countries.
    By accepting refugees all we are doing is sweeping the problem under the carpet and giving people free tickets.
    It is RUBBISH.
    Yes you're right about this. Accepting refugees is only temporarily, but if nothing happens, it isn't. I see the same happening in my country and now something inevitable is happening. We've got a mass we can't control. We never thought of making them learn our language and values, but they are living here for decades. Their childeren speak horrible Dutch and they don't have a chance on the jobmarket. This is resulting in them become criminals (pretty high percentage).

Nihon no yoru to kiri Shidenkai's Avatar

Unhappy Racism and protection

Quote Originally Posted by Pantitlan

I think this is a great thing for Japan; immigration is a big problem for national culture in every country.
    Il mare era piatto come uno specchio per volti di fanciulle...
    G. D'Annunzio

Quote Originally Posted by Shidenkai
    I think this is a great thing for Japan; immigration is a big problem for national culture in every country.

Words fail me here.